Chapter 8 |Swim Break|

Garroth and I were walking around the village, still unable to get inside. We were going to try to swim in the ocean, and get to the docks.

Ugh my dress is going to get all wet.

"Aphmau, you can swim, right?" Garroth questions me.

I answer, "of course I can! I love swimming!" I had a huge smile on my face, as we walked to the beach.

When we arrived at the beach, my heart skipped a beat.

It's so gorgeous! The sand is so soft, too!

We put our feet in the water, and I noticed Garroth shivered.

"It's so cold," he says.

"Not for me!" I yell, doing a perfect dive into the salty water. I swam back up, noticing Garroth take his shirt off to get in the water.

Wait, why is he taking his shirt off?! Oh, he is going to get in the water.
Im so stupid! Of course he is going to take his shirt off to get in the water...

I didn't even realize I was staring at his chest until he dived in next to me.

As he splashes, I close my eyes to avoid getting water on them.

He swims up next to me, and asks, "you okay? You were kind of staring off into space..."

I answer with a nod and splash him in the face.

We both laughed, and swam around, when we realized that we still had to swim all the way to the docks.

I little while later, we arrive at the docks and swim to the shore. We both shiver as we walk up the hill to the village.

Yes! There isn't a force field!

Garroth says, "We can enter the village!"

"Yay!" I exclaim.

I was slowed down by my dripping dress, so Garroth took my hand, and we both ran up the stone path.

I felt a light pink blush creep up on my cheeks, and I noticed Garroth was blushing cherry-red.

When we made it up the hill, we saw nothing different. Everything looked perfectly normal, as if nothing happened.

"Hmm... That's weird..." Garroth says, letting go of my hand, and taking just a few steps forward.

"Why was that force field thing there, then? Obviously, no one damaged the village..." I asked.

Garroth says, "maybe someone wanted to keep us out of the village...? I feel like that black-cloaked man has something to do with this."

I say, "maybe he did... We don't really know, though, so we can't jump to conclusions. Let's go and check on everyone..." I looked down, thinking about Levin once more.

I tried to hide the fact that I was still worried about Levin, but Garroth noticed, and asked, "something wrong, Aphmau?"

"N-Nothing... I'm okay," darn I'm so bad at lying.

"Tell me," Garroth questions, a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Okay," I answer. "I'm still worried about Levin, and the groups who went out after him..."

Garroth take a step closer to me and says, "Aphmau, they are okay. The group we sent after him are strong and they won't give up easily. Dante and Laurence love Levin!"

I looked up at Garroth, saying, "you sent Laurence and Dante? Who else?"

He answered, "Dale, Brian, and Lucinda."

"Okay," I said, "let's go check on everyone though."

He nodded, and we walked back to my basement to check on Donna.