Chapter 18 |Obsidian|

Before I even realized it, Dante and I were at the top of the guard tower, and Lauraunce and Garroth were just staring at us, with confused looks on their faces.

I couldn't get the idea of them liking someone out of my head...

"Guys, we need to keep a watch on Aphmau and her house," Dante says, "her money was just stolen!"

Garroth runs over to me, and Lauraunce follows, "are you okay?" They ask in unison.

I respond by nodding and saying, "y-yeah, I'm okay..."

Garroth says, "tell us everything that happened."

I nod slowly, trying to remember all the details. I say, "I was in my bedroom, just after Kiki and Zoey left, and I heard a crash downstairs. Thinking it was one of the girls, I walked downstairs to find the front door left open... It was weird."

Lauraunce says, "okay, what next?"

I continue, "as I was in my kitchen, looking around for someone, I heard my window slam closed upstairs, so I sprinted up the stairs... And found nothing. Well, except this piece of cloth in the closed window. So obviously, someone was in my house, stole my money, and got stuck in my window. End of story," I finish.

I held out the piece of gray cloth, and all of the boys faces went pale.

"W-what's wrong?" I ask, "Dante, I though that I showed you this already?" I say.

He shakes his head, keeping his gaze on the worn out cloth, "no, I only saw a glimpse of it... I never knew it was his."

"Who's? " I ask, obviously confused.

Garroth shakes his head, and slowly turns his gaze back to me, "A-Aphmau, we will inform you of anything we find later. For now, I am going to go check your house, to make sure it is alright."

"Wait, you can't just enter someone's house without permission!" I say.

He looks back at me, "I need to," is all he says before he stands up, and walks away.

"Ok, then I am coming too!" I shout, not even making sure anyone heard me. I ran after Garroth, and climbed down the ladder. I looked at the ladder to find that he has already reached the ground... Why is he in such a hurry?

Once I reach the end of the ladder, I start walking towards my house, to see that Garroth has started running to it... Weird.

I run after him...

He and I are standing next to each other right in front of my house...

Black, nearly impossible to mine...

Those are the types of blocks that are now taking over my house...

My bedroom is now a dark cage, engulfing more and more of my house...

Obsidian.

That is what is slowly taking over this village.

And I know who caused it.