Chapter 8

**Authors note
This is one of my favourite and longest chapters so far so enjoy!! :-)

"I can't believe he's taking you on another date!" Robyn squealed excitedly down the phone. I had called her as soon as I had gotten home from Alessandro's.

"Tomorrow at 6," I repeated, mainly for my own benefit to remind myself that this was actually happening.

"What are you going to wear?" Robyn asked. I rolled my eyes, of course this is the first thing she'd ask.

"I don't even know where we're going," I groaned plopping myself down onto my bed. "On normal dates I'd just wear a skirt or a dress because there'd be a 90% chance that I'd be going to a restaurant or something but with Austin I have no clue where he will take me, I mean he took my to see an elephant last time for crying out loud," I said dramatically.

"I'm still jealous about that by the way, can you not ask him what to wear?"

"I can't ask him what to wear every time he takes me out!"

"True," Robyn said. There was a silence down the phone as she thought. "Well I'm stumped."

I gasped dramatically. "Robyn the queen of fashion is 'stumped' what is this world coming to!"

"Calm down you drama queen! I just need some time to think, I'll have an outfit planned by tomorrow,"

"Why must he be so difficult! I mean why couldn't he have said 'I'm taking you for pizza' or 'I'm taking you bowling'"

"May I remind you that you're going on a date with Austin! Stop whining!"

"You're right," I laughed.

"So are you going to tell Calum?" Robyn asked casually.

"No!" I almost shouted. "I don't want to upset him over nothing, I mean I've only been out with Austin once and we haven't even kissed."

"The longer you leave it the worse he's going to react,"

"I know," I sighed. "In all honesty I'm dreading telling him."

"He'll get over it don't worry. Anyway speaking of kissing, when are you gonna lay one on Austin?"

"Robyn!" I laughed.

"What?! Come on you guys have got to kiss soon, how many times has he tried?"

I thought. There was the time at the concert, outside my house after the zoo, at the basketball game and earlier today in his house... When he was wearing nothing but a towel... With beads of water dripping down his chest...

Focus Violet!

"About 4," I said biting my lip.

"4 times?! Oh my gosh Violet that poor boy!"

"Shut up!" I giggled. "Anyway I've got to go, see you tomorrow,"

"Byeeeee," Robyn said ending the call.

I lied back on my bed and I couldn't help but smile thinking about tomorrow.

***

The next morning I jumped out bed, I'd overslept and had about 20 minutes to leave the house, considering it normally takes me 20 minutes to fully open my eyes this was a huge problem. I quickly pulled my hair into a bun and grabbed the first outfit I saw which happened to be an oversized grey T-shirt and black leggings. I brushed my teeth in the kitchen sink as I made myself some toast, bringing it with me in the car.

"What the hell happened to you?" Robyn gasped when she saw me.

"Overslept," I said taking a bite of a granola bar I had found in my bag.