Chapter 21

"Good luck," I said wrapping my arms around Austin and kissing him lightly.

"Will you two get a room," Charlie groaned walking past us. We were around the corner from the locker room so this was the last time I would see him before the game. Austin rolled his eyes and flipped Charlie off before pulling me in for another kiss. I laughed against Austin's lips as Charlie made pukeing sounds behind us.

"Seriously though don't worry about it you'll be great," I said pulling Austin into a hug.

"And remember what I said at the last game,"

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Front row cheering me on," he chuckled before giving me a kiss on the head and walking into the changing room.

I made my way to the basketball court where the game would be held and sat on the front row upon Austin's request.

"Violet right?" Someone asked me. I turned to my right to see a really pretty girl. She had long black hair that fell just above her waist and bright blue eyes. Quite frankly she was stunning but it was clear she was shy by the way she avoided eye contact and balanced her weight from one foot to the other.

"Yeah?"

"I'm Harper, George is my boyfriend," she mumbled quietly. George was one of the players on our basketball team but I don't think I've ever spoken to him.

"Oh yeah he's on the team right?"

She nodded. "Yeah and at the last game I saw you were sitting by yourself and wondered if you'd like some company," she mumbled nervously.

"That would be great!" I smiled, budging up so she could sit besides me. "I hate sitting by my self,"

"Me too, that's why I normally try and sit at the back out of the way,"

"Yeah that was my original plan but Austin being the ass he is, wouldn't let me,"

She laughed at this. "Well maybe we could sit by each other for future games,"

"I'd like that, better than awkwardly cheering on my own,"

By the time home team had come out I had gotten to know Harper a little more. She was the oldest of 3 siblings, loved art and had been dating George for little over a year.

"How did you guys meet?" I asked.

"I was working at a clothes store and he came in to get some jeans, he was so so cute and I could barley look him in the eye. I nearly fainted when he asked me for my number," she giggled.

"So you don't go to our school," I asked, immediately hoping she'd say no. Imagine how much of a bitch I would look like if it turned out she had been in my physics class for 3 years.

"No, I go to an art school,"

A deafening roar from our school interrupted the conversation when our team ran out onto the court. Austin, as always, led the team. I gave him the biggest smile I could muster when he looked in my direction, hoping it would make him feel a little more relaxed. He gave me a small smile and a nod.

To say the game was tense would be an understatement. Harper spent the majority of the game chewing on her nails and at times I was balling my fists so hard I left nail marks in my palm.

It was like every time our team took a shot, someone on their team would knock it away. Austin groaned loudly after his 3rd attempt to shoot failed.

The other team quickly realised that Austin was one of the best players on our team. As a result of this he was closely guarded by what can only be described as a human bear. Every time the ball was passed to Austin human bear boy was practically on top of him trying to get the ball. I could tell how frustrated this was making Austin. Honestly it was pissing me off too.