Chapter 11

I hadn't spoken a word since the Calum fiasco. I'm pretty sure I went into shock afterwards. After Calum had stormed out of the house Austin had tried his best to comfort me but nothing worked. He hugged me, rubbed my back soothingly, hell he even offered me ice cream. Nothing worked, as hard as I tried I couldn't form words.

Calum hated me! Calum, one of my best friends for 2 years, the boy who I trusted more than anyone, the boy who would always offer me some of his food without me even having to ask, the boy who would always give me his hoodie if I was cold, the boy who would always lift me onto his shoulders at concerts if I couldn't see, the boy who would always text me 10 times if I missed school to check I was okay, that boy now hated me.

Since I was in no fit state to drive Austin led me outside to the passenger seat of my car. He pulled out his cellphone and clicked several buttons, pressing the phone to his ear he waited a few seconds until whoever was on the other end answered the phone.

"Hey Liam it's me, yeah I have a favour to ask. Could you pick me up from somewhere in 15 minutes and then take me home, I'll text you the address, thanks!" He hung up.

Austin quickly text Liam what I assumed was my address, I wasn't really paying that much attention. He then got into my car and started to drive me home.

"Violet you're starting to scare me will you please say something?" Austin asked, you could clearly hear the concern behind his voice.

Once again I opened my mouth with the intention to speak but no words would come out. Had I sold my voice to a sea witch in exchange legs? No I didn't think so. So since there was no octopus lady walking around with my voice on a sea shell necklace why couldn't I speak.

I just shook my head. Pulling out my phone I tried to call Calum, I had to hear his voice although I had a strong feeling he didn't feel the same about me. The phone rang twice before I was sent to voicemail. Calum had ended the call.

I could feel tears threatening to spill. No! I didn't want to cry in front of Austin, I didn't want to look more pathetic then I already did.

Austin placed a hand on my thigh and squeezed slightly in an effort to reassure me. Weirdly enough it helped, I send Austin a week smile.

We where soon parked outside my house. Once I was out of the car Austin locked it and walked with me towards my front door. I was about to put my key in the door when it swung open to reveal a worried looking Robyn.

"Violet what the hell just happened?! You just stormed out like you were ready to kill, leaving me and Calum alone in your house and then Calum awkwardly left too I mean what the -" it was then that she noticed Austin standing besides me. Despite the thing that was happening between me and Austin she hadn't actually ever spoken to him which resulted in the shock she was in now. She stared at him with her mouth slightly opened.

I walked past her and slumped onto the sofa. Austin followed me and Robyn followed him. Austin frowned at me before pulling out his phone and typing away. When he was done he slipped the phone into his back pocket.

"Is she okay?" Robyn asked indicating to me.

"She'll be fine, I'm going to look after her until her mom gets home,"

Robyn took the hint. "Call me later Violet," she ordered before leaving.

Austin sat down besides me.

"My mom isn't going to be home for another hour you know, Liam is going to be here in 5 minutes," I said quietly.

Austin let out a sigh of relief, probably glad I still had a voice. "I text him and told him not to pick me up,"