Chapter 9

I woke up with a smile plastered on my face. I had kissed Austin! I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach just thinking of his lips on mine. My mind then started to think about school today, was he going to talk to me? Wait of course he wouldn't, not when he knows I want to tell Calum everything before other people found out. Wait was there anything to tell? I mean are we a thing now or? Wait what if I'm a bad kisser! Oh my god what if the kiss was awful and he never wanted to speak to me again. Breathe Violet!

The kiss couldn't have been that bad because he went in for another one, unless he was just trying again to see if it could have been better than the terrible first kiss. Am I over thinking it?

With I sigh I got out of bed. I left my hair down and threw on a white long sleeved top that laced up at the front with black denim shorts.

"Did you do anything nice last night?" Mom asked as I ate my cereal.

I raised my eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh no reason, I just happened to pass Austin driving in his car out of our street on my way home last night,"

I sighed. "Okay you got me, he took me on another date,"

"I knew it!" She said excitedly. "Spill, and this time I'm not taking no for an answer,"

"He took my rock climbing and then for something to eat," I found myself smiling without even meaning to.

"When am I going to meet him?"

"You're not,"

"What do you mean I'm not! Of course I am, I have to meet my daughters boyfriend!"

"He's not my boyfriend mom, besides you know how dad would react if he found out," I said sadly.

My mom looked at me for a while not saying anything. "I'm sorry about him, I know he can be overprotective at times," she bit her lip. "I'll talk to him about it, until then we'll keep it our little secret, but I have to meet him when things get more serious,"

"I don't know if they're going to even get more serious,"

"They will, trust me I can tell,"

"Can you now?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"So what happened last night, did he kiss you?"

"Bye mom," I said grabbing my bag, like hell was I going to talk to her about this.

When I got into school I was greeted by a very annoyed looking Robyn. She stood glaring at me with her arms crossed. Then I remembered that I had forgotten to call her and tell her about last night. Nope she wouldn't be happy with me. Not one bit.

"Before you start I am so sorry I didn't call you last night, I completely forgot," I said as I approached her.

"Do you have any idea what happened to me last night!"

I shook my head no and then I remembered. "Oh yeah the date! How did that go,"

"Well after I covered your ass by making up a date, Calum came to pick me up but he refused to leave me until my date showed up. Now obviously I tried to convince him that my date would be here any minute and that he should leave so my date doesn't get the wrong idea but did Calum listen? Of course not. He would not leave until he saw my date but as you and I both know, there was no date! 30 minutes I had to sit with Calum waiting for my non existent date! 30 minutes! Eventually I told Calum I must have been stood up and he drove me home, do you know how awkward that car journey was?! He kept trying to comfort me thinking I was really cut up about it. Mean while you couldn't even text me to let me know how the date was!!"