Chapter 6 (Tiffany): Something Against Korea?

A/N: This chapter is to thank those who have voted and added this book.

~ ~ ~

"So, you're name is Tiffany?" the boy asked me.

He and I were conversing after we calmed down a little. Funny how we were acting as if nothing serious was going on, and yet we were worrying about our own problems.

I started the conversation first, addressing myself by my stage name first. I felt safe because he did not seem to know much about Korea or SNSD, which was odd to say the least. I mean, SNSD is internationally famous already.

Anyways, he also told me that he was 18, but will be 19 in a month. If I recall, Jessica's sister's birthday is also around that time. He mentioned that he had always lived in Singapore and was seldom an outgoing person.

There was one thing missing though. I did not know his name. I asked him at first, but he said that his parents forbid him to give out personal details to strangers.

That's really helpful, I thought sarcastically.

Still, I had to know his name in order to confirm if my letter made sense. I felt as though the answers were here in Singapore, and it could even be staring right at my face.

The boy caught me in a daze. "Ms Tiffany, are you here?"

"Omo...uh...yeah. Sorry, I had a long flight." I jolted back to reality.

"It's ok Ms Tiffany..."

"Please, just call me Tiffany. I'm only about 6 years older than you."

The boy looked shocked. Well, I was bound to tell him my age soon. We carried on chatting for a while, but I was still nowhere close to getting any answers.

He then said that he had to leave to meet his classmates at the departure hall to send his tutor off. However, as he was just about to leave, I felt that my job was still unfinished.

"Wait," I called out to him, "let me go with you."

"Aren't you in a rush?" he asked me.

"No, not at all."

We walked up to the departure hall together and he offered to help me with my luggage. How sweet of him!

We found his group of classmates mingling together at the entrance to the transit area. They all were giving off a vibrant atmosphere filled with laughter and chatter. Now, I felt sorry for the boy.

However, as we approached them, they all fell silent as they turned to face us. Some had their jaws gaping wide open. It cannot be...

Crap! I was not wearing my sunglasses to hide me face! Well, too late.

"OMG Stefan!" onse of the girls screamed, "You did not tell me you were friends with SNSD!"

So his name was Stefan...wait...that's oddly familiar.

"Huh? Who's SNSD?" Stefan asked puzzeled.

"Are you kidding me? They're like the most famous K-pop group in the world!"

The other classmates were equally awed by my prescence, despite the fact my face was practically make-up less. Just to avoid exposing my secret to paparazzis, I told everyone to quieten down. They obeyed.

Then, Stefan gestured me over away from the crowd. I then realised he was frowning at me. Why?

"We should not be seen together," he stated plainly. "My parents detest Korea overall. I am afraid knowing about you is the last thing they need."

I was at a loss of words. I know Stefan revealed quite a lot about his family earlier, including arguments. It was only now that I realised the true extend of their hatred. I actually felt like crying.

"I'm sorry, Tiffany," he apologised again. "I really want to be friends with you, but I have no choice."

Clearly, he did not deserve to be part of his family, for the fact that their personalities are too...different. But then, it hit me. Why was he so familiar now? His name was quite a giveaway.

I felt tears streaming down my face. It was just...too much to take in. A mixture of anger and greif engulfed my mind.

"Tiffany?" Stefan asked me again. "Are you alright?"

"Yes and no," I stated quite plainly. "Look, we need to go somewhere. Tell your friends you cannot stay."

Reluctanly, Stefan did as I told him. He was probably still afraid of me. Well, technically, I was born in the US, but I had Korean blood in me. Ok, never mind, long story.

He came back shortly after saying goodbye to his tutor. During that time, I was fiddling with my treasured locklet that hung around my neck. He noticed me doing that and got curious.

"Your locklet..." Stefan started, "it looks just like mine."

It only confirmed my suspicions.

"Stefan, actually, Tiffany is just my stage name," I admitted. "I am actually a member of SNSD, your friend had mentioned that earlier."

"I still don't know what it means," he spoke honestly. "So what's your real name then?"

"Stephanie," I said solemly. "Stephanie Hwang MiYoung."

~ ~ ~

A/N: Oh...a twist and a secret revealed! What's Stefan's reaction going to be like?