Chapter 20 (Krystal): This Is Us

~ ~ ~

I had only been waiting for Stefan for a while and I certainly was not expecting him to bring a friend with him; a girl for that matter.

He had that look of helplessness on his face. I was tempted to laugh at him, because his look was definitely priceless. However, I refrained from doing so, and raised my eyebrow instead. This girl, was definitely his best friend or something, so I had to give her a good image. I mean, I'm a Kpop idol, image is what I have...mostly.

Anyways, Stefan looked worried. Makes me wonder if this girl was really his best friend.

"Who's our third-wheeler here?" I joked lightly with him.

"Uh...let me explain..." Stefan stuttered.

"Hi, I'm Stefan's friend, Becky!" the girl introduced herself way too brightly. Kind of like how SNSD's Sunny unnie would when she felt like showing off her aegyo. But on second thought, she was acting kind of like a sasaeng fan already.

Stefan continued to show a pleading look on his face. Is this Becky THAT bad? Hm, maybe Stefan thinks that I might misunderstand him and Becky...right must be that.

Then I thought of my sister, and I knew what to do next.

"Becky, do you really like Stefan?" I gave her a cold look.

"Of course," she said obliviously. "He's my best friend, why?"

Smirking, I removed my sunglasses slightly revealing my eyes to her. She's bound to know about me, I think. I was right. I saw a look of nervousness flash through her eyes. But she didn't seem fazed by it.

"Stefan! Hurry! We should not be wasting time here, you don't like Korean stuff right?" Becky tried rushing him.

I must say, I was slightly insulted by that. I never felt that way for about a year, ironically. Stefan must have noticed that, and in fact he took Becky's words rather seriously.

"Becky, stop," he snapped at her. "Times have changed. You want to know, come to the concert tonight. Take my ticket, I don't need it. That's my goodbye present to you!"

"Goodbye?" Becky sounded puzzled. "But...Stefan, I..."

"Krystal, let's go," he turned to face me. "I cannot be late for our date."

When he winked at me, I knew what he meant. Then we stepped back into the cab and headed back to the hotel. However, I looked back at Becky, and I swear she had this look of contempt and jealousy on her face. Perhaps it won't be over yet, but right now I didn't care.

"Don't worry about her, Krys," Stefan assured me. "She'll come to her senses."

And with that, he kissed my cheek.

(~4 hours later~)

F(x) was in the waiting room. We were finally getting ready for tonight's performance in front of our dedicated fans. Earlier in the afternoon, we did a dry rehersal on the stage that was prepared for us. Our group would be performing 'Rum Pum Pum', 'Electric Shock' and our other hit songs. Additionally, we would do a collab song with SNSD: 'Chocolate Love'. Indeed, singing our hit songs brings back loads of memories. Our debut even felt like it was yesterday.

And now, there was Stefan too. Better still, he was performing with us! Well, not all our songs of course. From what I knew, he would be performing SNSD's 'Gee', our song,'Hot Summer', and the collab song. As for how we would introduce him...

(Flashback)

"Krystal ah!" Fany unnie called me all of a sudden.

SNSD and F(x) had arrived at the set early in the morning while Stefan was still in school. Our groups' leaders suggested we familiarise ourselves with the stage and programme first. F(x) performed at MBS last year, but Toria said we needed to work on stage space a bit more, that's why we were all here early.

Anyways, Fany was called me. I presume this must be about Stefan.

"Yeah Fany unnie?" I responded.

"Stefan, how are we going to introduce him to our fans?"

As expected, she would ask that. I was wondering about that myself. Since Stefan was only going to come on 3 songs, we needed to do this in a special way. We knew our collab song would be last, but the order of the other songs was left for the groups to decide. Additionally, the programmes did not say Stefan was going to perform with us. I mean, he was meant to be a surprise.

"Why don't," I suggested, "Hot Summer and Gee will be sung last for each of our groups?"

Fany seemed to like the idea. We would also introduce Stefan in our own special way.

"Wait, another thing. Stefan could bring his friends to watch the concert. Should they get..." I asked.

"Of course. More than welcome," Fany smiled.

(Flashback End)

With that settled, I was slowly calming myself down for my performance, which was first up. I practiced my dance moves one last time.

A while later, I heard some people saying my name. They were complimenting me, it seemed. I wasn't sure because I was focused on practicing.

"Krystal!" Stefan suddenly called me.

"Yah!" I answered annoyed. "I was practicing!"

I realised that Fany unnie was also with him. I quickly apologised to her for screaming at Stefan, to which she laughed and accepted my aoplogy. So why did Stefan call me?

I realised that he was leading us to the group of people that were waiting outside the VIP area. They were all around Stefan's age, and they were all unable to hold their excitement. Was it because of Stefan knowing me and Fany so well?

"Hi guys!" Stefan said almost casually to them.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Concert evening! Next chapter would be another Stefan POV. Chapter is dedicated to gg_soshi9.