Chapter 11 (Stefan): Saved...Or Not?

~ ~ ~

Fear, loneliness and betrayal. That's how I must have felt after my 'mother' locked me in my room. She finally revealed my real name after keeping it from me from 17 years. I was never one of them.

"Why..." I asked aimlessly, "Why would you do this to me?"

Additionally, it seems like I really was Tiffany's biological brother. Hell, my name is quite a giveaway.

Tears had been streaming down my face since shouting out Tiffany's name. I was slowly losing the will to live. I was probably going to rot in this hell hole and become like an insane freak.

I guess what I heard next was able to sustain my will to live.

"STEFAN! MI YANG!" Tiffany's voice was faintly heard from where I was.

She must be here to get me out.

"AHHH! Dowajuseyo Mi Young!" I hollered as loudly as I could not caring that I spoke in Korean.

Instantly, I heard a different voice. It sounded like they were the police.

"They're here!" I heard my 'father' panicking. "You take care of Stefan, I'll deal with the police. Stefan shall pay for shouting for help."

The house fell absolutely silent all of a sudden. Ocassionally, there would be a few attempts to burst the front door by the policemen. But what exactly were my kidnappers doing?

No... It can't be, I thought.

Suddenly, I heard a gunshot being fired. It was, rather frighteningly, loud. So it must have been shot by my 'father'.

"NO! Tiffany!" I cried out. But my cries seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Immediately, my door burst open to reveal my 'mother'. She herself held a gun in her hands, fingers held on the trigger. My entire body was glued to my bed, refusing to move an inch.

"My bad, did you like my surprise?" my mother laughed evily.

"You lied to me?!" I probed her with anger in my voice.

"I had my reasons, Stefan." she replied with no emotion.

I was actually wondering if she was guilty of her actions and wanted to let me live. Pfft, not possible. I wondered what my life would have been like if I wasn't kidnapped. Perhaps as successful as Tiffany's?

Now, thinking about Tiffany only made me feel pained.

Then a voice jolted me and my 'mother', "FREEZE! You are under arrest for kidnapping!"

It was the police! They managed to break down the door and storm their way up here.

Instantly, I was held in my 'mother's' grasp.

"Don't you dare! He's my only child and will always be. You'll never take him away from me!" she sounded possessed and insane.

"Ma'am, you have comitted a serious offence, so I suggest you surrender yourself!" one officer spoke as calmly as he could.

"NEVER!" came her bold and commanding reply.

I knew I had to do something to stop her. That's when I did something that would have landed me grounded for a year:

I. shoved. her. hard.

She was already weakening from the pressure of the police, so it was the best possible solution.

As she fell, one of the police officers shot her square at where her heart is. It felt like the battle was over.

"If I die, we die together!" my 'mother' screamed one last time before summoning her energy to use her gun on me!

The bullet hit me hard on my left upper arm, just narrowly missing my heart. Straightaway, my vision was fading fast.

I heard more screaming and ordering from the policemen before finally passing out.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Another cruel chapter. But don't worry. It will get better, especially the fact that an F(x) member is going to appear in the story very soon (and eventually all of F(x) too). Look forward to it.

Please continue to support this story.