Chapter 13 (Krystal): The Bracelet

~ ~ ~

Sica was so persistent with knowing about my bracelet. In truth, there was more to it. I seemed to have kept a lot of things away from the other F(x) members and my own sister, and I felt bad for doing so already.

It was only right that I told her everything about this bracelet.

(Flashback)

SM Entertainment was performing in Singapore for the first time ever last year in 2012. To us idols, it was a great opportunity to explore a new country each time. In fact, Sulli and I wanted to know what Singapore was like ever since we debuted back in 2009. After all, SNSD has been to Singapore before and Sica unnie said that I must go there when I have the time.

With the permission from SM, Sulli and I went to Singapore first. We stayed at one of the hotels nearer to our performance location, which, thankfully, was also near the retail and city areas.

Both of us were so keen we immediately started shopping and sightseeing the very day we arrived. Since it was a relatively safe country, we decided to tour the area separately and meet up later in the evening to shop together.

I spent much of my time near the Singapore Flyer. I always wanted to ride it ever since it opened.

While I was making my way to the entrance, I noticed a family standing by one of the convenience stores. They seemed to be arguing.

"Are you crazy?" the man whom I presumed was the father scolded the boy.

"But my friends are going to the concert tomorrow! Let me go please?" the boy pleaded.

"Absolutely not! It's Korean, and we do not allow you to do that. It's an order." the mother reprimanded.

I felt shocked. Was this how some people in Singapore felt about K-pop? Just because we don't sing in English and they don't understand, doesn't mean that we should be hated right? Plus, I can speak English fluently. I was born in Cali for crying out loud.

I actually pitied the boy. He just wanted to go with his friend to watch, I presumed, our SM Town concert tomorrow. Perhaps he was a K-pop fan?

He continued arguing with his parents for a while more before they left to go somewhere else. Seemed like he was going to meet his friend still, but not go for the concert.

I decided to keep him company, so I walked towards his direction.

"Hey," I spoke in English first. "Are you feeling better? I saw you and your parents arguing."

"Why should you bother?" he asked abruptly. "You don't even know everything."

My, his parents have raised him up a little bit badly, I thought.

"No, don't get me wrong. I'm actually concerned for you. I mean, how could they not let you go out with your friend because of some stupid reason?" I questioned

"They always do that. I learn to try and live with it, at the cost of my social life." he stated plainly but filled with an upset mood.

Indeed, his parents are quite unfair to him. He looks like a teenager, so all the more he should be allowed to hang out with his friends regardless the reasons. I don't know, perhaps people in Singapore are treated differently from people in Korea.

I thought I'd introduce myself first, "My name's Krystal by the way. What's yours?"

He hesitated for a while before saying, "Mine's Stefan. You won't hurt me will you?"

"Geez! I don't bite. Open up a bit more why not?" I joked.

I was glad when he smiled a bit. In fact, I actually thought he was a nice guy behind all the pressure from his parents.

"Actually, I'm new to Singapore. Do you mind showing me around?" I asked him.

"Sure. I still have to wait for my friend. So why don't we ride the Flyer since we are here?" he suggested.

Wow. He really opens up fast. However, it seems like he cannot recognise me as an idol even though I had no sunglasses on.

Anyway, we took a ride on the Flyer and he told me more about Singapore. I must say he was very knowledgable. I got to see the skyline from the Flyer and it was pretty amazing in my opinion.

After the Flyer, we walked by the bay area as we told each other about ourselves. For measure, I did not reveal my identitly as a K-pop singer. I found out that Stefan was 2 years younger than I and he liked being a photographer. Ocassionally, he would bring up some of his friends who liked K-pop, and that at least assured me that K-pop was actually really popular in Singapore.

Eventually, we did have to part ways. But before we did, Stefan took me to a souvenir shop at a nearby tourist centre. He then bought me a nice-looking bracelet from the shop, which was really kind of him. In return, I took a picture with him using my polaroid camera and we each kept one photo as a memento.

"I really hope to see you again soon Stefan!" I smiled at him one last time.

"Same. We really had a great time together." he answered back.

As he left, I couldn't help but feel all alone again. In fact, while I was with him, my heart kept beating rapidly. It can't be that I actually liked him...right?

(Flashback End)

"To this day, I still think of him. I never told anyone about this. Only us two know about it now."

I finished retelling my memories to Sica. I was amazed to see her rare soft side as she began to shed tears.

"Don't worry Krystal ah. You'll surely meet him someday. I know how you feel." Jessica assured me.

After we talked a little more, we were ready to drift into sleep. But just as my eyes were about to close, Jessica's phone rang.

Sica, looking annoyed, picked up her phone and answered, "Yobseo? Yes this is Jessica... I'm sorry? You're saying Tiffany is hospitalized?"

~ ~ ~

A/N: This is a long chapter. But we are now introduced to F(x) Krystal's feelings. Don't worry, Tiffany's POV is next.