Chapter 16 (Krystal): One Year Has Passed

~ ~ ~

Fany unnie and my sister were so scheming! I don't know what they discussed while I was away, but they seem to be up to something. I didn't really follow my sister to feel left out almost immediately.

Fortunately, F(x) was taking a break from promotions. If not, I probably would find it hard to spend time with Sica. As siblings, we always take care of each other.

As I was saying, Fany and Sica were smiling at their idea. I wondered what they were up to.

Just then, Fany got up from her bed and told my sister and I that we were going to see someone. I was confused...who was there to see?

Well, since we were in Singapore, my thoughts only had one person in mind: Stefan. I pleaded Sica to let me find him when we had time on our hands. Of course, her purpose of this trip is to check on Fany, not to find some boy whom helped show me around when I was alone.

Who am I kidding...he probably dosen't remember me.

I continued fiddling with the bracelet he gave me. I had also been looking at our polaroid photo more frequently now, just so that I can identify him if I do see him.

We arrived at the door to one of the hospital rooms. Sica asked me to stay behind her as Fany unnie went inside first. Shortly afterwards, my sister entered. I was instructed to wait outside the door until she called me.

Stefan, I thought, if only you were here...

Then, Sica's voice rang, "Soo Jung ah!"

I entered the room with light footsteps and faced the bed that Fany and Sica were at. And boy, was I in for a surprise!

In that bed, the patient had an equally shocked look. He lay speechless with his eyes wide open. I think my expression was just like his. Wait...he looked familiar...

"Krystal?" the boy asked. "Is that you?"

I couldn't speak. Surely that isn't...

"Stef...Stefan?" I struggled to form words. "But...what...?"

I felt my heart beating fast again, just like last year. The Stefan I knew was now staring right at me, puzzled and about to shed tears.

"Surprised?" Sica suddenly broke the awkward silence.

I then realised something else...Tiffany's brother! She was talking about him just now. Then, Stefan's her brother?

"Meet my newly found long lost younger brother, Stefan!" Fany unnie introduced him.

"Fany unnie...th...thank you...I thought...I'd never..." I unconciously spoke in Korean.

"Soo Jung...you were always a Korean too? I never knew...." Stefan suddenly asked in the same language.

He can speak Korean?

I realised I had walked until I was next to Stefan. I guess I didn't care what my unnies thought, and I just hugged Stefan tightly.

"Yah! Why didn't you tell me everything?" I sobbed. "It was Fany who told me about your kidnapping. I could have helped you! Fany and I work in the same company!"

"We only met each other once," Stefan switched back to English, "I was a little shy telling you what my kidnappers did to me."

We stayed like this for a while. When we finally broke apart, I noticed Fany and Sica swiftly pocketing their phones.

"What did you do?" I probed them with suspicion.

"We might have taken a few pictures of you two..." Sica blurted out casually.

"And we might have posted them on SNS..." Fany smirked.

"YAH!" I screamed a little embarrassed.

I noticed my cheeks getting hotter. Oh man, am I blushing? Wait, so I really do like Stefan...my this is so confusing! Stefan was just smiling at our little row. The gall of him! But I just cannot stay mad at him...

Just then, mine and Sica's phone rang. We eached picked up our calls.

The caller ID on my phone was Victoria, the eldest member and leader of F(x).

"Yobseo Toria?" I spoke.

"Krystal! How's Singapore with Jessica sunbae?" Toria unnie asked rather casually.

"Good! Kamsahabnida Toria. Why did you call me now?"

"You know Tayeon sunbae? SNSD's leader?"

Oh...this could only mean one thing.

"She told me SNSD is planning to go to Singapore, where you, Jessica and Tiffany are at, to perform there!" Toria announced excitedly.

"That's great. So what has this got to do with us?" I asked, expecting the inevitable.

"Taeyeon asked F(x) to perform together with SNSD!" Toria told me.

I glanced at my sister, and she was equally shocked by the news. SNSD and F(x)?

Oh great, that means Stefan has to be revealed to both groups eventually.

~ ~ ~

A/N: I changed the original idea for the next few chapters. I guess SNSD and F(x) performing together would be a better way to do this.

Keep supporting this story guys! Also, please read, comment and vote on my new story on A-Pink.