Chapter 9 (Tiffany): Take Action Now!

~ ~ ~

Stefan wanted me to stay at his place initially. However, I could only decline the offer and stay in a hotel in the city. The last thing I needed was more people finding about my idendity, my intentions and my secret. If the other SNSD members found out, who knows what might happen to me when I get home.

Now, I think I regret declining. I was at the police station again, with Officer Wong. I guess it started with my own realisation of my own carelessness.

(Flashback)

I managed to reach a decent hotel in the city where I'll stay for the next few days. I had enough money to cover the cost of accomodation, so I felt assured.

However, at the reception, the lady at the counter asked me for my passport so that she can key in my personal details. Searching through my pockets and bags, I realised that it was missing.

Of course, I was shocked as ever. Where was it?

Seeing my situation, the hotel staff was kind enough to give me a room first so I could find my passport more easily. It was in the room when I realised where my passport would be.

"Stefan!" I exclaimed. "He was looking at my passport and forgot to return it."

(Flashback End)

Since then, I had no choice but to resort to returning to the police station and asking Officer Wong for help. As he knew Stefan's personal details, while I don't, he can contact Stefan for me. He was more than willing to help too, which I was grateful for.

However, some 30 minutes after he began calling, there was no response. I was getting agitated, and worried for Stefan. I could only dread the worst.

Just then, my phone rang, which was weirder. Nonetheless, I picked it up.

"Yobseo?" I answered in Korean first.

"Fany...where are you?" Sica unnie's voice suddenly echoed over the receiver.

"I'm in USA now unnie." I answered as normally as I could.

"Really?" Sica suddenly switched to English. "Care to explain why you're answering when you should still be on the plane? Or why your warm clothing is still here in the dorm?"

Oh crap, she found out. I realised there was a big flaw in my plan, I had not considered Jessica knowing the flight times of flights from Korea to USA (they were usually later in the day and not in the morning).

"Fair enough Sica unnie, I am not heading to the USA. I have my reasons though..." I tried to explain.

"Fany ah, why are you doing this to us?" Taeyeon's voice replaced Jessica's on the line.

Great, SNSD's two oldest members found out. Therefore, the others probably know about this too.

"Unnie, please. Let me explain when I return to Korea! I really cannot tell you now over the phone." I pleaded.

They both agreed to wait for my return, which I assured them would be by next week the latest.

Just as I ended the call, Officer Wong exited the investigation room. He was flanked with his fellow officers.

"What's the situation?" I asked worryingly.

"Seems like Stefans parents have found out about you two somehow." Officer Wong explained. "They answered his phone instead of Stefan and claimed that Stefan 'will always be theirs' and will not be harmed. I fear for yours and Stefan's safety right now, so we are mobilising a team to ambush the house."

No...not possible...

Officer Wong left immediately and asked me to tag along. I could not believe what he just said though. The worst has happened. However, it gradually confirmed the fact that Stefan is my biological brother.

But right now, I was on the verge of tears. Stefan was in danger. He had been kidnapped, and now he is facing the full blow of his 'parent's' torture.

Hopping into the police car, I was extremely anxious about Stefan's safety.

Stefan, I prayed, please hang in there, your sister is coming to save you!