Chapter 21 (Stefan): Audience

~ ~ ~

After busying myself backstage to make myself look presentable, I really could not wait to be performing in front of a live audience for the first time. It was really a different sensation to the school performances that I was so used to.

The fact that I had to put make-up perhaps scared me even more. I knew all idols had to do that, but I guess it is not my style yet.

While getting ready, Fany wanted to talk to me. She said it was about our Father; the one who I was kidnapped from. I never thought about him much since my meeting with Fany. The fact that she was my sister was still sinking in then. There were so many lost siblings out there, and I must be the 'lucky' one as they call it. Was fate that kind to me?

Anyways, Fany mentioned that we needed to see our dad, or Appa as the Koreans call it.

"He'll meet us at the airport when we return to Korea," Fany explained.

"Has he been wanting to see me?" I asked.

"As much as Omma and I wanted, Stefan," Tiffany spoke emotionally. "Now don't cry now."

I obeyed my sister's words. She was right. I needed to condition myself before the main event.

Just then, with less than an hour before the performance, my phone rang. It could only mean one thing. As expected, Michael texted me saying that he had arrived.

"Fany, let's meet my friends shall we?" I asked her.

"Of course! I want to see them!" she smiled excitedly.

Both of us headed to the VIP area where they were waiting. Along the way we found Krystal practicing for her dance.

"Hi Krystal!" I greeted her.

Yah!" she yelled taking me by surprise. "I was practicing!"

But when she saw Fany, she immediately apologised. Fany forgave her and ruffled her head playfully. At this point, I turned towards the entrance and came face to face with my friends.

As expected, all their jaws dropped simultaneously. I cannnot blame them since they have not seen one of their friends become so close with Kpop idols before, or the fact that one is his sister and the other was his girlfriend.

"Hi guys!" I greeted them.

"St...St...Stefan..." Michael tried to form a sentence. "I...didn't know."

"Why don't you guys come in first?" I invited them. "I know I've got a lot of explaining to do, but you need to see the concert to understand."

"No way...you're performing?" I heard Becky's voice. So she did turn up...

I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Maybe?"

Instantly, I was bombarded with questions as to how I knew SNSD and Fx). Sigh, these people just need to wait.

Eventually, they shifted their attention to SNSD and F(x) when Fany, Krystal and I led them to the waiting area. I must say they were extremely glad to meet them up close. Wonder how surprised they will be when they find out about the truth?

Finally, after a long wait, the concert was about to begin! Sure, there were a few introductory acts before the main event, but as my act got closer, I got more nervous.

Then it was F(x)'s turn to head onto stage and perform. From backstage, I could already hear the fans screaming and cheering for them wildly. My friends were already seated at the VIP area and they were probably doing the same. Quickly, I rehearsed my moves for 'Hot Summer' one more time.

Suddenly, I heard Krystal speaking to the fans on the microphone. It sounds like F(x) was going to move to the next song.

"We are going to perform our next song, but with something additional and special," she spoke in English. "Because over the course of the last few days, we met a very special guest..."

Oh! Was she introducing me?

"We're really excited for our next song with the special guest," I heard Amber talk next. Why does she need to embarass me and Krystal now?!

I heard the audience cheering for the supposed 'special guest'. Perhaps they think it is SNSD.

Krystal then entered the backstage area to find me. I was surprised by her arrival.

"Is it my turn?" I asked her.

"Yes, it is," she answered with a smile. "Let's do this together."

Together with Krystal, I made my appearance on stage. Immediately, Amber and Krystal took turns to introduce me. I noticed, as I expected, that the audience went silent. Were they thinking bad thoughts about me now?

"Woohoo! Stefan!" I suddenly heard my friends call my name.

I was suddenly reassured by their support. Now I felt more confident to perform with F(x) and later, SNSD.

'Hot Summer' finally began to play on the speakers and F(x) and I performed the song to our best effort. I only sang the chorus with them and rapped with Amber, but dance-wise, I felt that I had won over the audience's hearts because they were suddenly cheering for me too!

At the end of the song, I was feeling on top of the world. Performing in front of a live audience was certainly a great experience, that I definitely not forgetting. The fans seemed amazed by me too.

After leaving the stage, SNSD then went ahead to perform. I wished Fany good luck and she did the same in return for my later performance of 'Gee' with them. The cheers and shouts for SNSD were no doubt much louder for them than for F(x), since Fany told me SNSD was Korea's representative girl group.

SNSD went on with their songs. I watched as my sister sang and danced with her 8 other sunbaes and dongsaengs. She had such a beautiful voice...

And then, before they moved on to their next performance, I heard Fany announce to the fans, "We also have a surprise for you..."

It's happening again, my return to the stage!

As Sica kept the crowd on their feet, Fany entered backstage.

"It's now Stefan, let's do this," Fany spoke to me.

I didn't know why, but I embraced my sister at that moment. So much has happened recently with getting rescued, being reunited with her and Krystal, and the thought about my real father. I felt so emotional suddenly, that I was on the verge of shedding tears.

"I'll do this for you and dad," I told Fany. She related to my feelings and returned the hug too.

Then, I headed onto the stage again.

(~After 'Gee'~)

The crowd was amazed by the performance, and with my special appearance again. I must say performing with 9 girls as compared to 5 was entirely different. I knew that F(x) was going to come back again, which they did. SNSD and F(x) were going to perform their next song, 'Chocolate Love'.

Then, before the performance, Fany told the fans, "We saved the best for last, because I am telling you all now Stefan is my biological brother!"

~ ~ ~

A/N: Really long chapter, so I'll stop here for today. So everyone knows about Stefan and Fany's being siblings. What will their reaction be?

Reaching the end of this story soon. Perhaps 25 chapters is my target. I will write an epilogue.

Additionally, if you all have also read 'The Assassin, My Twin', I really thank you all for the support for that story, which now has 70 reads! You guys are amazing!

Do continue to support both stories, and the new story about Running Man which I recently posted.