Chapter 14 (Tiffany): Questions & Answers

~ ~ ~

It must have felt like an eternity, but I could feel my vision finally returning. The bright white light enterning my eyes was a bit of a shock, considering I have had my eyes closed for a long time.

I summoned my strength to sit up properly. I finally realised that I was in a hospital. That's when I remembered being shot by a bullet and...Stefan!

I looked around me. Was Stefan in the same room as me?

Turned out he wasn't, but someone else was.

"You're awake!" Jessica spoke from my bedside.

She then proceeded to embrace me. I was still wondering how she got here. Don't tell me she flew all the way from Korea?

"Fany ah... you've got a lot of explaining to do now," Jessica demanded.

I had a feeling she was in ice princess mode. She was just giving me this glare that demanded me to spill the beans.

"Sica unnie... I really feel like I have been keeping a lot from you recently." I apologized profusely. "I guess I'll tell you everything."

Sica finally relaxed a bit. I guess she really wanted to know the truth. My, she was persistent.

Slowly, I explained to her my first meeting with Stefan, stating his weird transition from English to Korean and him claiming that he was not a Korean. Then, I told Sica about the letter my father sent me. I then proceeded to telling her about what happened at Stefan's place: the shootout. Finally, I revealed that Stefan was probably my long lost younger brother.

"I think the doctors are conducting a DNA test," I told Sica.

"Why did you hide this from us? We would have helped you out you know, Fany," she replied with softness in her voice (which itself was rare).

"I didn't want to harm more people, espeically the other SNSD members. Stefan was kidnapped. You could've gotten injured too if you were in my situation then."

Sica unnie respected my decision. It had been a tough few days for me so it made sense for her not to argue with me.

"You said his name was Stefan right?" Sica suddenly asked with suspicion.

"Yes. Why?" I asked her.

"Um..." she stammered. "My sister Krystal, she..."

"What about me Sica unnie? Oh! Fany, you're awake?" Krystal suddenly appeared at the door carrying a jug of water.

Wow...Krystal even flew to Singapore with Jessica? Now I really envy their family. I wonder if Stefan is gonna be like that?

Krystal then explained that she persuaded Sica to follow her to Singapore to visit me. Apparently, they wanted to spend more time with each other.

"I heard you two talking about someone. Who?" Krystal asked us.

I was about to open my mouth to speak, but Jessica shook her head telling me to not tell her. Odd...

Krystal, meanwhile, was filling me a glass of water. I noticed that she was staring blankly at a bracelet on her left wrist.

"I can explain that, but Stefan must be awake first," Jessica whispered.

Fair enough. It took me a long time to tell her about Stefan myself.

Sometime later, a doctor entered the room. He seemed to be looking pleased, perhaps because I was awake already. Jessica and Krystal then left the room so the doctor could examine my condition without interruptions.

He assured me that Stefan was alive and well, which was a relief for me. I'd thought he'd be gone forever. As for my arm, although it had a deep wound, it luckily missed my upper arm bone. I had to give the arm about a month or so to recover. At least I can still wirte, thankfully.

Finally, the doctor prepared to give me the news I had long anticipated: mine and Stefan's DNA test results.

"I'm pleased to say," he spoke in a hopeful tone, "that the test results show a 95% match!"

Oh. My. Word, I thought.

Stefan is really my biological brother? I was now on the verge of tears of joy. I finally found my long lost brother!

I thanked the doctor over and over again. I was now able to walk, so I asked him where Stefan's room was. He kindly gave me the directions and then left.

Outside my room, I told Jessica and Krystal the good news, but not mentioning Stefan's name as Jessica instructed.

"Jinja? That's really great news Fany! Let's go and see him. I also have a very good idea!" Sica sounded excited.

I took one last look at Krystal's confused face before Jessica dragged me to a corner and relayed her idea to me. From this, I learned about Krystal's story. So if Stefan was really the one Krystal is so willing to see, this would be the greatest surprise for her.

Plan in mind, the three of us headed to where my brother was.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Told you Tiffany will be fine. So is Krystal going to finally meet Stefan?

Thank you for the support for this story. Really appreciate it loads. Continue voting and commenting on this story too. This chapter is dedicated to wattpad user 'soonabiased'.