Chapter 19 (Stefan): Undercover

~ ~ ~

SNSD and F(x)'s concert was happening on the second day of their arrival in Singapore. At least the timing of their arrival and concert was just nice. I could complete my education here in Singapore and then head back to Korea with Fany, SNSD and F(x).

As for my former parents, well they are behind bars now. But I persuaded the authorities not to release this matter of me being a sibling of a world famous idol who is also currently dating another world famous idol. I wanted to stay unknown, at least until after the concert.

I never told the truth of my former parents' imprisonment to the school either. The principal had approached and pitied me, but I refrained from telling him the real story too, and went for the 'they were jailed for corruption within their company' story.

Anyways, now free from their grip, I was able to open up more to Kpop. Since my reuniting with my sister, I have been researching and listening to this genre practically all day. I had become obsessed with mimicking different groups' dance moves and music styles. Kpop led me to Korean variety shows and eventually Korean dramas and sitcoms. I never knew the Kpop legacy and support was so widespread.

I even surprised my die-hard Kpop friends in school one day by dancing to SNSD's 'Gee' in front of them.  I was once singled out by them for my pathetic knowledge on the genre, but now I was part of them. However, I never told them the real truth about me being Fany's younger brother, or that I liked Krystal. I always used the 'I secretly watched some Kpop videos while my parents weren't watching' reason.

I guess the newfound social support helped me through the remainder of the school year. Yes, my exams were over, but normally this time of the year was just spent mugging in the library. Now, I can open myself up to people more confidently.

Concert day was today. As expected, all my friends were eager to go and see SNSD and F(x) perform together. They didn't know about the added extra performer: me. It also happened to be the last day of school, so the mood amongst us was brighter than usual.

As the day in school dragged on, I wondered how to sneak out of my friends dragging me to the concert. No offence, but I was going to perform there, so I am not supposed to be in the crowd.

"Stefan!" somebody called my name.

It happened to be Becky, my ex-best friend. Why is she suddenly being so nice to me lately?

Oh, why was she an ex-best friend? Well, last year she and I were always hanging out together, until one day, my group of Kpop friends introduced her to some new Kpop music, which was apparently F(x)'s 'Electric Shock'. As part of the school's dance comittee, Becky soon got interested in Kpop dance moves and was telling me to start liking the genre.

Obviously, I was unable to do so back then. She got irritated and we eventually went our separate ways after that.

Now, given recent events, I think she was curious herself and was trying to find out the reason why. Speaking of which, she was now walking right next to me and pestering me.

"I'm glad you like Kpop now Stefan," Becky complimented.

"Uh, yeah I do," I spoke truthfully. "So are you going to the concert tonight?"

"They asked me, but I don't think I can..." Becky stammered, which gave me an idea.

"Take my ticket. I won't be able to make it either, but I think you deserve to go for it more that I do. Hell, I am a less experienced Kpop fan than you all..." I lied.

"That's the point Stefan, I want neither of us to go for it," Becky insisted.

Wait, what?

"Instead of going to a crowded place, how about we go to your house for old times sake? I haven't seen your mum and dad for ages."