The boy across the road Chapter 14

Daniels POV

I unlocked the door and we walked in.

"Home sweet Home"

"I preferred the hotel...there were candles and roses and champagne"

"It couldn't last forever"

"I know"

Jacob stiffened and his face went red with anger.

"Get out. I never want to see you again. I hate you"

"What. Jake, what do you mean"

"Not you. Her"

I turned round to see Jacob's mum Maria sitting on the sofa. Ah.

"Maria, what are you doing here, get out, your not wanted here"

"I want to talk to my son. Privately"

"Daniel and I are pretty serious now, so whatever you have to say, you can say in front of him"

"Serious. HA, your too young to be serious, your 17"

"Well let's see, last night we spent the night in a hotel and we had a bath together. Then we had sex"

"You what...."

"Yep. And we've done it before as well. We've done it 3 times. Are we serious enough for you yet"

"I'm going, I can't put up with all this"

"Fine, go"

Marian walked out of the house and slammed the door behind her. The mail came through the letterbox. I picked it up and flicked through the letters. Bill, bills, photographer?

"Babe, come look at this"

Jacob came over and put an arm round my waist. He picked it up and read it out.

"A professional photographer will take 10 pictures for £150 in any setting you want. Let's do it, I would like some pictures of us together"

"Yeh, me too"

I called the number and arranged for the shoot to take place on a beach at sunset tomorrow.

"All sorted"

"Great. Can't wait"

I called up the stairs.

"Babe, you ready, we gotta go now if we want to get to the beach on time"

"Okay, just coming"

He came downstairs and grabbed his coat.

"Okay gorgeous, let's go"

We decided on natural poses for the photo shoot, mucking around and stuff, but we wanted ones where we looked like a couple, not just some friends goofing around.

We got one with Jacob behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder, one with us looking into each others eyes with our arms wrapped around each other, one with us in the same position but nearly kissing, and another with us kissing softly. The other 6 were of us mucking about, playing football and stuff.

"Okay, so that's 10"

Jacob looked thoughtful then suddenly said

"The four pictures where we are an obvious couple, can we get two of those"

"Yep, you can get as many of each as you want, as long as I only take 10 pictures"

"Okay, 2 copies of the ones I said and 1 copy of the other 6"