The boy across the road Chapter 27

Jacobs POV  

I couldn't believe that we had just got a ferrari. It was the next morning and we were both sitting in the lounge waiting for Mikey to get changed. His mum had dropped off his stuff after he had gone to bed and after we had gotten the ferrari. He walked out of his room in his school uniform.

"I remember when I had to wear a uniform. I had a fat tie, trousers below my hips"

"Remember? You still dress like that without wearing a school uniform"

"Good point. You ready to go Mikey"

"Yeh let me just grab my bag"

He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"Okay, let's go"

We drove to his school as fast as we could with the music pumping so loud that you could hear it outside with the windows closed. I slammed on the break and halted to a stop. 

"That was cool"

Mikey got out the car and was surounded by a crowd of friends. All I could hear was 

"Oh my god, who's that!" 

He had just gone into the school building when I realised he had left his PE kit at home. I raced back and waited in the car whilst Daniel got the PE kit. He ran back to the car and got in. I drove back up to the school, parked and we both went in. We walked up to the reception.

"Excuse me, Mikey Greenfold left his PE kit at home, where could we find him?"

"Are you his dad"

"No, we are his guardians"

"I'm going to need some proof"

"We don't have any proof"

"Well you can't give this to Mikey"

"You can come with us to make sure we don't kidnap him if that's what you're worried about"

"Alright then, I'll do just that"

She lead us to his classroom and knocked on the door. A teacher opened it and let is come inside. The reception lady waited outside the classroom as we went in. 

"Mikey, you forgot your PE kit"

"Oh, thanks Jacob, thanks Daniel"

"Okay, well we'll be off then"

"Wait!"

"Yeh?"

"I kind of need you to stay"

"Why?"

"Well, I sort of left my PE kit at home on purpose so tha you would have to come in. We were doing this thing on teen gays in citizenship and I was wondering if you could talk to my class about what it's like and how people reacted when you told them and stuff"

"We would do that anyway you know"

"Oh...okay then, well sit down it's nearly my turn"

We walked in, and seeing as people were going to find out soon enough that we were gay, I took Daniel's hand in mine. Our fingers entwined together and we sat down in the only two spare seats. Heads turned our way, but soon back to the front when the teacher started talking.

"Mikey, I think it's your turn now"

"Okay" 

He stood up and walked to the front. He plugged a memory stick into the computer. I recognise that memory stick....that's mine.....