The boy across the road Chapter 21

Jacobs POV

I carried Daniel out to the car and Miss Olvard got in the back. I was too worried about Daniel to worry about her getting in the car as well. I raced off to the hospital. Daniel was slipping into unconsciousness again. I took his hand in mine and gripped it tightly. 

"Don't worry babe, we're nearly there"

Miss Olvard just sat in the back doing and saying nothing the whole way there. I pulled up at the hospital and carried him inside. He was unconscious now. I went up to the desk and he got admitted to the hospital.  A nurse took him away in a wheelchair. I wasn't allowed to go with him, so I stayed in the waiting room. Miss Olvard came up to me and sat down.

"Are you okay"

I looked up at her. Wow...that was her question.

"Am I okay? Of course I'm not okay, the man I love could be dying, I don't even know if he's okay, and you want to know how I am! This is all your fault, if you had just kept your big fat nose out of other people's business for once in your life, then this wouldn't have happened"

"I am sorry you know"

"Then act it why don't you!"

"He will be fine, he's strong"

"You don't know him. You don't know what he's been through. You know nothing"

"There's no need to take this out on me"

Did she really just say that. God, I want her to leave.

"Take it out on you! How many times can I say this, this is your fault! How many times do I have to say that before it sinks in! It's your fault, it's your fault it's your faut! Is that enough!"

"I know that it's my fault, but I felt like I was obliged to talk to you two about your relationship, and I know that I have nothing to do with your relationship, but it is my job to talk to you about your relationship with Daniel"

Wow...she has gone way too far now. I couldn't hold my anger back anymore. I balled my hand into a fist, pulled my land back, and landed a punch on her face. I lashed out, beating her up until a couple of nurses came to calm me down. I started crying and sat down and put my head in my hands. I looked at Miss Olvard who was still on the floor sitting there in shock. A doctor came up to me.

"Jacob Dyer?"

"Yes"

"Come with me"

Miss Olvard shot up and stood next to me.

"I'm coming too"

"No. You are getting nowhere near Daniel"

"Wait. Are you family?"

"Yes. I'm his wife"

What the......

"What is wrong with you. I'm his husband"

"Well, he's asking for you Jacob, whether your his husband or not"

"Okay. You stay here. What is wrong with you, saying your married to my husband. He's 18 for gods sakes, and your his teacher!"

I walked off and followed the doctor to Daniel's room. He was sat up and looking absolutely fine.

"Hi honey"

"How are you feeling"

"Really good. I don't remember much from earlier though"

"You were unconscious most of the time"