The boy across the road Chapter 18

Daniels POV

The whole of our honeymoon we spent on the beach or in the swimming pool or in the hotel room. After 3 weeks it was over and we were on a plane back to England. I was so tired that I was asleep the whole journey home. Jacob woke me up when we had to get off the plane, but I was still tired, so I slept through the cab drive home as well. When we got home I walked in through the door and my stomach lurched. My hand flew to my mouth and I ran to the bathroom and was violently sick. I heard pounding footsteps and Jacob walked up to me.

"Danny, are you okay?"

"Ugh, I really don't feel good. I'm gunna go to bed"

"Okay. I'll put a bucket next to the bed so that you don't have to get up all the time"

"Thanks"

I walked into my room and rolled into bed. I fell asleep yet again.

My eyes snapped open and I looked at the clock. 4:00 am. I leaned over the bed and threw up. I groaned and lay back down. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned round to see Jacob's worried face.

"Danny, I'm getting worried. You're always asleep and whenever you are awake, your being sick. Something isn't right"

"I'm fine. It'll be over in a few days"

"You are not fine"

"Okay then, I'll be fine in a few days, now go back to sleep"

"Hmmm.....alright then"

I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

I felt a hand shake me gently.

"Danny...wake up...wake up, please"

"Huh..."

Jacob flung his arms around me. "Oh thank god you're awake! I thought you were in a coma, I was about to call an ambulance!"

"What?"

"Danny....you've been asleep for three days....."

"Really? It feels like only a few minutes"

"It's definitely been a few days, look, it's August 2nd"

He pointed to the calender....wow...he was right. I had been asleep for 3 days. 

"I'm taking you to the doctor. You are deathly pale, you never eat or drink anything and you can't stop sleeping!"

"Fine" I hauled myself out of bed and felt a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach. I held my stomach and winced. "Ow"

Jacob rushed to my side and knelt down. "What, what is it, are you going to be sick again"

"No, I've just got this sharp stabbing pain at the side of my stomach"

"Come on, we're going to the doctors now"

Jacob walked me to the car and helped me inside. He drove me to the doctors. On the way he kept nervously glancing my way. I could tell how worried he was. I started drifting off to sleep, but Jacob shook me and told me that we were there. We got out of the car and sat in the waiting room. A receptionist told us to go in to see the doctor after waiting for a few minutes. I sat in a chair and the doctor examined me.

"Well....you have a burning hot temperature. You say your always asleep. What's the longest you've been asleep?"

"3 days"

"3 days! That can't be right..."

"Yep, 3 days"

"Okay. And whenever your awake you are violently sick, yes?"