The boy across the road Chapter 19

Daniels POV

We got in the car and drove to the friends house where mum was staying. Jacob and I were in the front seats and Kat sat in the back, nervously twirling her hair round her finger. I turned round and smiled at her.

"Don't worry, it will all be over soon"

Jacob pulled over and we all stepped out of the car. I took Kat's hand and we walked up to the house. I knocked on the door and a middle aged woman that I had never seen before opened it.

"Oh, are you Daniel? And you must be Kat. Oh! Leah didn't mention she had a third child"

"She doesn't"

"Well, either way, she's just through there if you would like to speak to her"

We all walked inside and went in the direction that she had been pointing. When Kat walked past the woman glanced at her stomach and shook her head. As soon as mum saw us, she stood up and greeted us.

"Hello, what a lovely surprise! Daniel, Jacob, and.....KAT!"

Mum's eyes had lowered to Kat's stomach and had noticed the baby bump. She was fuming.

"What on earth have you done to yourself!"

Kat burst into tears and shrank into me. I put my arm around her and looked at mum. Her eyes softened and she slowly approached us.

"Kat, I'm sorry I yelled, I guess I'm just dissapointed that you have done this to yourself when you are so young!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, it was a drunken mistake. I'm so sorry"

"It's okay, I'm not mad anymore. I should be, but I'm not. I think we should go home"

"Yeh, I do too. Come on Kat. Jake, when we get home I want to talk to you"

"Okay......"

Jake drove us all home, but nobody talked in the car. When we got home, Kat and Mum sat on the sofa and talked. Jacob and I walked up to my room and sat on the bed. I looked deep into his eyes and took his hands.

"What's up Jake"

"What?"

"I could see how anxious you were getting all day. What's going on"

"Nothing"

"Jake. Are you cheating on me"

"What! No!!"

"Are you straight do you not love me anymore"

"Danny, I love you with all my heart, and I will never stop loving you"

"Then what's wrong!"

"I got a call today"

"About what...."

"My mum"

"What's happened"

"She's accepted me for who I am and wants me to move back home"

"And you said...."

"I said that I would think about it"

"Oh"

"Are you mad"

"Well....it's just....we're a married couple, why can't we live together"

"I know, but I haven't made up my mind"

"Why not just stay here, she's right across the road, you can visit her all the time"

"Hmm...I guess"