The boy across the road Chapter 30

Daniels POV

I sighed happily as I stared at the ceiling. I loved how even a year in, I still feel the spark of a new relationship with Jake. My Jake, Come to think of it, where is Jake?I got up out of bed and walked thorugh the apartment.

"Jake.....Jaaaaaakkee"

"In here"

I walked into the lounge to see him sitting on the sofa with a.....girl? She giggled at everything he said and he laughed in a deep, husky tone.

"Are you two roomates? Let me guess, college?" Said the girl with an overly high and squeeky voice. I couldn't stand her flirting with my Jake. Jake opened his mouth to speak, but instead I sat down next to him and slung my arm over his shoulders.

"No, we're a couple"

"Oh" she muttered quietly. Ha, I win, he's all mine. I cupped Jake's face and kissed him softly. He broke the kiss and took my hand, entwining our fingers together.

"So, you're......."

"Gay? Yes" I finished for her. Stupid brat.

"......cool......." she couldn't hide the dissapointment in her voice. I was loving every second of this.

"I'm Daniel, and you are....."

"Cynthia"

"Well, Cynthia, I need to be getting in the shower....care to join me Jake baby" I watched her squirm in her seat. HA!

"I was just leaving anyway. Lovely to meet you Jake. You too Daniel" she flashed a pearly toothed grin at Jake. Hold up, what did she just call him.

"Excuse me!"

"I said it was lovely to meet you and Jake"

"Only I call him Jake"

"Well, I want to call him Jake"

"Well you can't, that's my name for him" I hissed through gritted teeth.

Jake stepped in and wrapped his arms round his arms round my waist from behind.

"Hold up. He's right, only he calls me Jake. You call me Jacob"

"Fine. Lovely to meet you Jacob" she glared at me. Hahaa. Just before she left, I felt I wasn't quite satisfied.

"I love you JAKE"

"I love you too Danny"

She flicked her hair in anger and stormed out of the apartment. I burst out laughing.

"Who was that honey"

"Some new neigbour, she's going to all the apartments nearby to get to know people"

"Well, I think she got to know you enough"

"Don't be like that babe, you know I've only got eyes for you"

I melted when he said that. He is just so sweet. I couldn't help but smile.

"What?"

"You"

"What about me?"

"Everything about you. You're so sweet, handsome, perfect, oh yeh, and did I mention that I love you and you're gorgeous"

"I feel the exact same about you. Maybe even more"

"Not possible"

There was a knock at the door just as I was millimeters away from his face. His sweet breath tickled my skin, making the hairs on my neck stand on end. He went towards the door and opened it.