The boy across the road Chapter 32

**This chapter is set 2 years in the future just to avoid any confusion**

Daniels POV

There was a knock on the door, so I jogged over to it and opened it.

"Cynthia, you're back!" Ahh Cynthia, mine and Jake's best friend of 2 years.

"Hey Daniel. HEY JACOB" she yelled the last bit.

"HEY CYNTHIA" Jake was in the other room getting changed. Cynthia had gone to Majorca for a month and had just got back. Jake came round the corner and pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey, sorry about that, I was getting changed"

"Haha, don't worry"

"Jake, do you want to tell her our news or shall I?"

"You tell her"

"Tell me what, come on guys just tell me"

"We're adopting a kid"

"Oh my god, you got accepted!"

"Yeh, a woman in Outer London is giving us her baby"

"Oh that's great guys"

She hugged us both and smiled. Jake and I had said that when we were 21 we would try and adopt a child. Now, we are 21 and it's happening. I couldn't stop grinning. We were going to be dad's! The woman was 3 months pregnant and her name was Kate Lamone. We had met up with her once before and she was really nice. She was 16, so had decided to put her child up for adoption because she knew that she wouldn't be able to give the baby the attention it needs. She had accepted us a few days earlier. We were ecstatic.

"So, do you know whether it's a boy or girl"

"We're going to wait until the baby is born to find out"

"Cool. I think that's what I would do. Soo, how have you guys been"

"Great. Nothing much has happened apart from being accepted by the adoption agency and finding out that we're getting a kid in 6 months"

"So soon! You guys will be the perfect parents"

"Thanks Cynthia"

"Well, I should probably go, I need to call Liam and tell him I'm back" Liam was Cynthia's boyfriend, they had been dating for about 5 months now and things were going pretty well between them.

"Okay, Mum, Marian and Kat should be here soon. We're going to tell them about us getting a kid"

"Is Kat bringing Karissa and John as well?"

"Yeh. God, I can't believe they're 3 now!"

"They're so cute! Well, I'll see you guys later probably, byee"

"Bye"

She let herself out, and about a minute later, there was a knock on the door. I went over an opened it.

"Hey guys"

"Hi Daniel, hi Jacob. So, why did you get us all over here?"

"Well, we have some news, and we didn't want to do it over the phone"

"Okay....."

"Well....a few days ago, we got a phone call. A 16 year old girl is 3 months pregnant and knows that she won't be able to give her baby the love and attention that it needs.....so she put her baby up for adoption.....and she chose us"

"Oh my god, that's fantastic" Kat hugged us both and leaned down to Karissa and John. "You're both going to have a baby cousin!"

"Yaaaayyyyy" I chuckled. They had no idea what a cousin was, but they seemed exited. Jake slung his arm over my shoulder.