consumed

the same night/////

no ones pov-

the skunk haired man left the hospital with a heavy heart, he was sad, but he was full of love for the small girl on the hospital bed. contrary to popular belief, Jack was not a man whore, he was not with countless girls. he could count all the girls he's slept with on his fingers. that all stopped when hazel came around. no longer was he infatuated with women as a whole but just with her. only her. he headed to his house, where alex had been staying. he had to tell him before it was too late. it was consuming him, tearing him apart.his love for this girl was irrational but he still loved her. 

he spent the whole ride home listening to her playlist on Spotify,
she always made he best playlists,
always making him think and think.

alex was delighted to see his best friend,
unknowing of what he was about to find out.

"alex we have to talk." Jack sighed

"what's wrong jacky?" alex asked confused.

"I've tried to suppress it for awhile now, but I love hazel. I love her so much alex. I love how she makes me feel better about the world and how she's always so outgoing even when she is feeling down. she makes me want to be better. I haven't gotten drunk in forever alex, when's the last time you saw me with a girl?" Jack pulled at his hair in frustration.

"I knew jack, I've known sense the night she got scared and slept in your bed. but you know this is definitely illegal. wait on it. I love you but I love my daughter just as much and I can't see the most important people in my life hurt because of each other." he sighs.

Alex's phone started to ring.

both of us were puzzled seeing it was 1 in the morning

"excuse me mr. gaskarth ?" a woman's voice rang through his phone

"yes that's me ma'am?" he asked puzzled

"hazel woke up, she's okay, she is going back to sleep now. I suggest you're here in the morning. she deserves it. you all deserve it." they could here the woman getting choked up over the phone before she hung up.

they decided it was best to get a little bit of rest before going to see the light of their lives for the first time in months.

with promises to wake early to go buy her a gift, the two men went to sleep.