Home (part one)

-Deacon's POV-

As soon as I entered town I made my way straight to the pack house, a few minutes later I was greeted by Gage

"Hey little brother, how'd everything go? He asked as he pulled me into a tight hug.

I stepped out of the hug to remove my helmet.

"It was exactly how I thought it would be, boring and drawn out."

He sighed, my brother wanted me to show more interest in the actual business side of being an alpha.

"I know these pack alignments are the greatest, but it's something we have to do to ensure the safety of our pack members...you'll. Red to get use to this-"

"In case I become the Alpha, I know...look it's been a long ride and I've been away from my own bed for a month, can I just have a shower and a nap before you start making your grand speeches about my possible future?"

I knew Gage meant well but I was exhausted having to do something he should've been doing.

"I just wish you would focus more on the pack and your responsibilities and less on a piece of ass for the night." Gage said with worry etched on his face as we entered the pack house.

We walked in the house and Gage lead me into his office, I knew better than to just walk away. I watched as he pulled out a huge old leather bound book, it looked super ancient, the edges were frayed and it smelled like dust.

"Please Deacon, have a seat." he gestured at some empty chairs.

I obliged him.

"While you were away we've had a few changes to the pack."

"And this concerns me how?"

Gage didn't look at me, "as the beta you are partially in charge and therefore you should know what is happening with the pack at all times...and since you failed to call in and check on the lack from time to time, now you will sit here and listen to everything I have to say before you go back to your old ways."

It isn't exactly news that I like to drink and go out, hell maybe I'll get a girl for the evening maybe I won't...I usually go wherever the wind blows.

"First Veronica Fairchild found her mate in Donald Zook, no doubt they'll be getting hitched soon enough." Gage sounded. "We've had another young couple that asked to leave the pack to join another, they've been gone since last week...an old pack members daughter showed up here last month and I've accepted her into the pack...and lastly we have a crop of new changlings that should be happening soon, Arabella VonKemp being one of them."

"Who's Arabella VonKemp?" I asked, pulling him from his mumblings, it was definitely a name I've never heard before.

"Arabella VonKemp is the daughter of our old pack member I just mentioned, Phillip VonKemp."

"Why haven't I ever heard of him?" I asked curious now.

"Phillip is older than us, he wanted to go away for school, and he found his mate, a human...they have 3 kids, Arabella and twin boys Mason and Michael. He kept in touch all these years because there was a slight chance that his eldest would inherit the wolf gene and if that were to ever happen he asked permission that his daughter be aloud to move in with his sister and be part of our pack. Of course our Father agreed and as you know, I uphold what our father promised. So now Arabella is here, has been here since the beginning of the month actually. She's in your grade, from what i can tell, she's a good kid, she was pretty quiet when she met Maddy and I, and if she's anything like her cousin Tiffiani she probably keeps to herself."

I didn't know this girl but I felt bad for her.

If she was anything like her stuck-up cousin Tiffiani Borgos then the girl was already an outcast at school.

"Anyways, that's all for now, if you want you may go up and have your requested nap." Gage sounded with a slight feasting in his words.

"I'll be back." I said as I grabbed my helmet once more, I had been away from everyone for a month and I didn't feel like being cooped up in the pack house just yet.

_ _ _***_ _ _

I parked my bike in my usual parking spot, glad that no one had dared try and use it while I was away.

I quickly made my way into the school and went straight to the gym.

"Welcome back Beta Deacon, how's Alpha Gage  doing?"

I informed my coach that my brother was still acting the part of the overly concerned alpha.

"He only does what he thinks is best for all of us." Coach sounded.

"Where Logan?" I asked.

He shrugged, "probably in the locker room."

I nodded before bidding the coach goodbye.

As I walked into the locker room the guys welcomed me back and I found my friend putting his shoes on.

"I heard the prodigal son had returned." He joked before getting up, "welcome back man."

"How's everything been since I've been gone?"

"Pretty normal." He responded.

"Heard there's a new girl?"

"Oh Tiff's cousin, she kinda quiet...I don't have any classes with her but she seems to only hang out with Tiff." He filled me in.

I nodded just as the bell signaling the end of the day sounded.

"Thank God it's Friday, I swear i am so amped for the weekend." Logan said practically running down the front steps of the school. I hopped off the last step happily as we made ice way to our bikes.

"What the hell?!" I sounded a little angry.

"Hey Baby? How about you give me a lift home today, we can even play around if you're a good boy." Tabbitha said

Tabbitha Aldridge is the school slut, well just a slut period seeing as she doesn't exclusively stick with the guys from our school. In fact, none of the girls from our pack like her since she's always messing around with guys from other packs.

"Tabby what the hell are you doing on my bike?" I questioned her flatly, everyone knows that no one touches my bike except me. "And sorry Babe but Daddy doesn't do seconds." I added with a wicked grin.

"Hey man I'm taking off, catch up with you later though." Logan sounded as he put on his helmet and kicked started his bike before riding away.

"Now now come on, we both know you've never had anyone quite like me before." She tried to say seductively but it only came off as cheap and desperate. "I know for a fact that none of these Little Girls you've had before me can do the things that I do." She said as she finally got away from my bike, only to come close to me.

I got into my bike after that and put on my helmet before lifting the face mask, "Tabby it's your lucky day I haven't had any time to get any new 'bed warmers' so i'll fuck you, but you can bet this will be the last time." He said kicking his bike to life.

Tabby mumbled "we'll see, I always get what I want."

But as a wolf I heard exactly what she said, I only chose to ignore it.