First Shift

-Deacon's POV-

Today marks the 4th day that I' haven't seen or talked to Arabella.

Her birthday was on Thursday and her family threw her a party yesterday but I didn't think it was right to show up uninvited. Instead I went to Logan's party only because he's my best friend and he was having it at The Lobo Lounge.

Every since Arabella ended things between us, I've been doing everything in my will to stay inebriated.

What's the point of being sober if my sober reality is only depressing.

I've also started fighting with random strangers, turns out not too many people want to be around an angry drunk. I honestly provoke most of the fights, because waking up in the morning feeling my hangover and the sore tender skin from the night before is better than the empty hollow numbness she left in me.

When Arabella left she took everything good about me with her.

Gage can't stand me, not sure if it's me, my actions, or the fact that I was rejected by my mate (to be fair she doesn't know i'm her mate).

Maddy cries constantly for me.

Logan is worrying way too much about my well being.

I hear the constant agitation in all of their voices but I can't bring myself to care really.

Tonight is the Big pack get together.

Because we have so many new phases taking place this year Gage and Maddy wanted the entire pack to meet those who have changed, those fixing to change, and those that will be changing later on in the year.

Tonight was a treat for the pack because two wolves were going to be phasing for the first time tonight, and for a pack to witness at least one phase is amazing, let alone two.

You see phasing can be quite painful and for a newbie they are still shy about nudity. So phasing is usually done at home usually in a cellar or a garage or maybe an open field were there are no human bystanders.

Usually family and a few close friends will attend in the special event of the new werewolf.

Tonight both Logan and Bell will be phasing and for once in almost a week I am sober, I've showered, shaved (well trimmed the beard back down to my preferred 5 o'clock shadow), and I'm in my best clothes.

I sighed, tonight I will see her again since our falling out, and unfortunately I still can't prove that Tabby's lying about the baby being mine. All i have is what i know to be true, and i know in my heart that there is no way Tabby's baby is mine, but will Arabella believe it after she's changed?

I run my hand through my damp hair.

I can't start thinking about the "what if's," If i do then i will only depress myself and i will want to drink, and i need to be clear headed.

I never thought I would miss school, I know I only miss it because that's where she is. Truth be told the night Arabella said she couldn't be with me I stopped going to school, didn't care about hygiene (with the exception of brushing my teeth, that's a hard habit to just stop doing.), stopped trying to impress and live up to Gage, didn't care if i hurt Maddy.

Nothing mattered anymore, hopefully all of that will change tonight.

I decided i would stay in my room until the actual phasing began, being the Beta, i didn't have to be present for the meet and greet, everyone already knows me. But it was tradition for Alpha, Luna, & Beta to help aid in the first change of a new wolf.

The "Party" started about an hour and a half ago, time seemed to be moving deathly slow.

Logan and Tiff came up to say Hi and confirm that Arabella was here.