Christmas

"It looks like i won't be needing this, it seems i will never be a part of this family." Deacon gave my mom a sad smirk trying to reassure her, or maybe to get her to stop crying. This only made all of our tears fall more. I looked around the room and saw that every female in the house was crying except Aunt B, no she was beyond tears, I could feel the desire to punch her younger brother coming off of her.

She was furious!

Deacon left the room. I looked back at my Father, i glared at him and his eyes told me how sorry, embarrassed, and how stupid he felt.

I just shook my head, nothing he did was going to fix what just happened. I got up and ran after Deacon.

"Deacon don't go" I pleaded, tears still falling.

He didn't stop packing and he didn't even turn to look at me. "I'm sorry beautiful, but i am clearly not wanted here by your Father. If you're allowed to come back to Texas I will see you there."

"But -" I started to say, but he cut me off.

He turned and took my face in his hands, he locked his eyes with mine and said "Arabella, don't cry for me. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas. Things were too good, i knew it was only a matter of time before things went bad again. I hope you like the earrings."

He released my face and I was stunned, Did Deacon just break up with me. Was he not going to fight for me, how could he just give up and leave me, just run away.

I was mad, I wanted him to stay and fight for me.

But then I also knew that it would be pointless, to stay and fight for me wouldn't make things between him and my Father any better.

I knew he was giving my Dad time to think things over, I knew Deacon loved me and in the end we would find a way to be together.

He grabbed his suitcase and walked out of the study, and then out of the house. I heard the front door open and close as i stayed standing in the study, It felt so cold and empty without him.

I let my body fall into one of the chairs in the study and listened to the people in the living room start arguing.

"Phil you had NO RIGHT!" Aunt B shouted. "WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?"

"I don't know, i just saw the box and assumed." Dad started.

"That's right you assumed, but you assume too much!" Aunt B continued to yell.

"You assume that Deacon is some bad kid who broke up with Bell and broke her heart, well here's a news for you. I along with the rest of the town, watched as that boy went into a horrible depression trying to drink his pain away when YOUR DAUGHTER broke up with him."

It was true, I was hurt but never heart broken. I had taken my Fathers advice and just dumped him like he meant nothing, all because he wasn't my mate, and i couldn't handle when things went bad.

"I love Bell like my own daughter and yes i was angry when we had to see her crying." Aunt B continued. "Because she missed Deacon, BUT get your facts straight, She broke his heart, He never broke her heart! His past came back to bite him in the ass, it was something that they should have handled together as a couple but earlier in the day you called and told her that the boy probably wasn't worth the time or the drama, and guess what, she broke up with him."

"I didn't know." My father said, nearly whispering.

"Phillip, some girl from Deacon's past tried to accuse him of being her unborn child's father. We all knew she was lying, But we couldn't get Bell to see past the fact that the girl was pregnant. She was sad and angry and it's understandable but once she shifted and she found out that Deacon is her mate, everything was revealed to her, everything that she tired to push away or wouldn't hear was brought to her attention. They resolved things, Deacon and Bell love each other very much, as much as mates can love each other. They've gone through things that some mates will never have to go through and I commend them for still staying together despite all of it." Gage filled him in.