十四

POV: 3rd Person
"What... you mean, Hoseok and Yoongi are dead?" Jimin blinked rapidly, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he tried to take in what the doctor had just said.

"Yes, Mr. Park, and I'm very sorry to say so... I'm very sorry for you and your friends' losses..." the doctor gave a weak, sympathetic smile to Jimin, before turning away.

How many times do you think the average doctor has to declare in a just a single day to somebody that their fellow friend or even family member had just died?

If that seems unbelievable to think about, how many times would you think the doctor would have to say the word 'dead' to somebody in their whole career?

It'd be a whole lot of times.

"No..." he sniffed. "Is... is everybody else still alive? Please, tell me that they are! I wouldn't be able to handle any more deaths... no, no... no... is... is Seokjin still alive? I'm begging you..." he looked up at the doctor with teary eyes, like a lost little puppy.

"Mr. Kim is alright," the doctor smiled, his eyes flickering back and forth. "In fact, all of the Kims are okay," he nodded. "And your fellow friend is right there next to you, actually. Let me just pull the curtai-"

"No!" Jimin screamed.

"Sorry, what?" the doctor narrowed his eyes at Jimin's sudden gesture of anger. His scream was quite weak, however. It was almost like he choked.

"I... I apologise," he looked down. "Sorry... I was overreacting just then, sorry," he repeated nervously. "Don't mind me, I'm just a bit... a bit... you know," he chuckled anxiously.

The doctor slowly nodded in agreement. "I understand what you mean. I'm sure you want some space to yourself, but Mr. Kim Namjoon is waiting to see you- I'm sure you'd love to see a familiar face, right?"

"Yeah, you're right," he smiled. "Yeah, I wanna see him."

"Hang on, then. I'll bring him right in," he said, before opening the door and mumbling a few words.

"Hey, Jimin. You alright?" the deep voice croaked. Namjoon's voice really didn't have as much energy as it had before- maybe all of the stress and devastation from the deaths had really gotten to him too. "It's been a while."