Which Home

"It's not good for a man to sit alone in the dark." Tommy commented when he found Michael still in the office.

"Not dark yet." Michael sighed as he glanced up.

"If you want (Y/N) back so badly go apologise." Tommy chuckled.

"I can't she's going out with another man tonight." Michael sighed.

"Do I even want to know how you found that out?" Tommy shook his head when Michael smiled.

"Probably not." Michael admitted.

"Go home Michael, you'll keep thinking about her if you don't find a way to get her out your head." Tommy chided and the boy shrugged.

"Don't matter where I am Tommy, she'll still be in my head." Michael sighed and got to his feet.

"I'm sorry." You muttered to the man in front of you.

"Excuse me?" He stopped going on about himself and frowned in confusion.

"You seem very nice and all but my parents... I told them I didn't want to see anybody." You admitted and he gave you a scorned glare.

"It's not as if you could do any better." The man snapped and got to his feet.

He left you halfway through your meal, unable to pay for both of them, and completely irritated that your parents were the reason you were in this mess. As soon as he'd left the building Michael dropped into his now vacant seat, smug grin plastered across his face, as he pulled out a cigarette.

"He's very rude." Michael muttered.

"So are you." you snapped back.

"Yes but you find me attractive so I can get away with it." Michael's smug smirk had you looking away before you could smile back at him.

"I told them I didn't want to come." You huffed and decided you may as well finish your meal.

"Is that why he left?" Michael asked quickly and eyed you as you paused.

"Why are you here Michael?" Your question made the boy swallow as he thought over a good answer.

"I was passing by." He decided and glanced up to meet your gaze.

"Everything the Peaky Blinders own is the other side of Birmingham." You waited for his response was he rolled his tongue against his cheek.

"I payed one of your friends to tell me where you were having your date." Michael admitted when he couldn't find an excuse.

"Why?" Your question was short and simple but Michael's mind became a jumble as he thought over the best way to answer.

"Because I was jealous." Michael finally said and rummaged through his pocket.

"The great Michael Grey was jealous?" You hummed and set your fork down so you could finish your drink.

"Yes (Y/N), tends to happen when a boy screws up and his girl leaves him." Michael sighed as he placed his cigarette between his lips and opened his wallet, leaving the money for your meals on the table.

He stood and stubbed out the cigarette before leaning down to kiss your fore head and shrugged on his jacket.

"The car'll be outside... it's late so Poll should be in if you want to go home or back to your parents I'll get the driver to wait for..." Michael was cut off by your date returning with a few more boys all of who immediately jumped at the chance to help him fight Michael.

His fingers flicked towards the flat cap sat on the table among the glasses, then the gun at his side, ignoring your desperate request to walk out of the restaurant. Your date was the first to lash out, Michael seeming to opt for bare fists that a blade or gun.

"Excuse me do you have a phone?" You asked the bartender who phoned Harry for you.

By the time Tommy, Arthur and John had arrived you'd pulled Michael away from your date who was glaring down at you with his chest puffed out. Despite both of you knowing Michael would like to pummel the boy until he couldn't stand, Michael had listened to your request, and had stopped fighting.

"Is that what it takes huh, Peaky Blinders bossed about by little girls." Your date huffed and your eyes widened when Tommy smirked and glanced at his brothers who were both grinning.

"I'd fuckin' rearrange that ugly mug for you if there weren't a lady stood in between us." Michael spat back.

"Big talk when there's three of us and one of you." Your date grinned and watched Michael shrug on his jacket and slid his cap on.

"We should finish this another time; I should escort (Y/N) home." Michael was suddenly a lot calmer and the three boys began to panic when they turned and saw the reason why.

"Michael take (Y/N) now before we deal with this lot, bar fight's not place for a woman." Tommy muttered and you went to reply only for Michael to haul you out into the street.

"Come on, you can yell at Tommy later." Michael chuckled as the two of you stepped out into the street.

"Oh Michael your poor face." You sighed and gently brushed your thumb over his split lip.

"Normally when people say they hate me they don't care how I look after a fight." Michael muttered.

"Michael I don't..." you started but he cut you off and made you get into the back of his car, the driver made a great rigmarole to not listen to you.

"Go home (Y/N)." Michael muttered fondly and watched you settle yourself into the car, one of his hands playing between your fingers.

"Which home, Michael?" You asked him quietly.

"Right now I don't give a fuck (Y/N), it's late and dangerous out here, but if you're not at the manor tonight then I'll meet you at the Garrison for lunch tomorrow." He watched you nod and give back his hand which gripped your chin and turned your head to face him. "I love you sweetheart."

He stepped back and nodded to the driver, not waiting for your reply, waiting to see if you'd tell the driver to turn left and head to the manor or right and head to your parents' house. When you turned left he sighed and headed back into the restaurant to vent some of his frustrations in a fight.