Make Me

Arthur chuckled when Michael stormed into the kitchen and poured himself a drink without saying a word until he slammed his drink down onto the table and poured himself another while passing on Ada's offer for breakfast.

"So what's been going on?" Polly asked and Michael rolled his eyes after downing his second drink. "Even Tommy doesn't drink so early in the morning."

"(Y/N)." Michael muttered and scowled at the table as he took a seat.

"Yes we gathered from all the shouting." Ada said with a touch of amusement to her voice.

"She wants to help with the business. I said no and now we're fighting." Michael said. He glanced up at the room, Arthur and John were whispering jokes about Michael's chosen approach on the subject while Ada look appalled that he would suggest stopping you doing anything, you were after all extremely capable and outrageously stubborn, she thought you'd do well in business. Polly understood his reasons but she certainly hoped you gave him a piece of your mind.

"Right I'm going back up." Michael said. He hesitated and had another drink as his cousins laughter followed him out.

He knocked on your bedroom door, gently, unsure if he wanted to go in and continue arguing with you. When he gently pushed open the he found you sat on the window sill reading.

"I'm not changing my mind." Michael said as he took a seat in one of the arm chairs by the window.

"Well you can't stop me!" You snapped as you slammed the book shut with a muffled bang and shot to your feet abruptly.

"You're going to stay home, where it's safe." He ordered, standing as well.

"Make me." You said fiercely as you stared him down.