Looking after

"Where's the missis?" Arthur joked as Michael wondered in and poured himself a drink.

"Dunno, she left with that friend of hers after we argued about who'd be invited to the wedding." Michael grunted and John scoffed.

"You two argue more now you proposed than you did before." He chuckled and the entire room looked to the hallway when you slammed the front door and growled under your breath as you stormed past.

Before Michael could follow you, Pol came in and crossed her arms looking furiously unimpressed. No one wanted to speak for fear of making her even angrier.

"So you all gonna sit around chatting while (Y/N)'s gentleman friend convinces her that you're no good." She jabbed a finger at Michael and he paused with his drink almost to his mouth.

"He did what?" Michael asked and she shook her head. "I know he doesn't like us that much but he's actually trying to her to end our engagement."

"She would be much better off with him and she should leave you immediately, she has spent the last few days trying to convince him that you, in fact, are not the worst man in the city and that she would much rather stay with you than him." Polly smiled Michael sighed and lent on the table as the others offered ideas about how to deal with the situation.

"What were you all thinking!" You yelled and burst into the office, Tommy raised an eyebrow and you smiled at him. "You beat the crap out of him to?"

"No Ma'am." Tommy chuckled and you nodded.

"Fine then I'll just be a minute." You muttered and he chuckled when you turned on the rest of the men and put your hands on your hips. "Did you think I can't look after myself or that someone would convince me to run off?"

"We were just..." Arthur started and you cut him off.

"Just looking after me, I don't need you to, I can take care of myself and the next one of you who deals with one of my problems for me will have that proven to them... Sorry for interrupting." You muttered last part to Tommy who chuckled as you walked away.

"Finn your girl best end up being sweet and calm." Michael grumbled as he hurried after you and left his cousins chuckling at his attempts to calm you.