The Morning in

AN: I'm sorry I can't get the gif uploaded because Wattpads playing up.

The sun woke Michael slowly. He had wanted to sleep as late as he could, enjoying having you curled up with him, skin against skin. It was comforting, soothing enough for him to wonder about pleasant things and not his job or things he'd done.

Your head rested on his chest as he tucked his arms under his head. For a moment he let himself admire the way the sheets fell around you. It made him think of the half naked goddesses that stood proudly in painting Michael had seen while attending meetings in peoples houses. The thought of meetings sunk his mood again.

Michael stared at the ceiling as he thought about what he needed to do that day. He had important meetings but he couldn't bring himself to move. "I have to get up." He grumbled. When he moved to look at you he smiled.

"You haven't gotten up." You said through a yawn as he stroked your cheek.

He chuckled and slid out of bed, watching you get comfortable. With a quick glance at the clock he sighed. He was going to be late anyway and he didn't particularly feel like attending his meetings.

Just as he convinced himself to get dressed and head to the offices you sat up, the sheet wrapped around you loosely. "Fuck it." He grumbled and leant against the bed as he wrapped his fingers in your hair, kissing you roughly as he pushed you back on the bed.

"So you're not going to work?" You teased. He let out a grumble in his throat as he nipped at your bottom lip.

"Only a madman would leave you behind." He muttered now biting kisses into your neck and bare shoulders.

He moved gently to lay over you without breaking the kiss. With slow, teasing strokes of his hands, he moved your thighs around his waist. The morning went by slowly. Or that was how it felt for Michael as he released in soft touches, your breathless moans and your nails digging into his back.

*****************************

When he'd left Michael began to panic. You were still tucked up in bed. Too exhausted to come with him so he'd lit the fire for you, made lunch for when you were ready to move again and put one of his shirts near the fire to warm.

His head had been clouded with you, with romance and now he had to think clearly. It was harder to do than he thought when every time he move his body begging for stillness or his back would twinge and the tight feeling of a scratch that had been a little deeper than you'd meant.

Having hoped to sneak into the family meeting, Michal was disappointed to see the family filing out of Tommy's office. "There he is. Wondered where you got to." John joked, looking Michael up and down.

"I told you he'd get here. Probably traffic." Ada said as everyone wondered to the kitchen. Michael didn't say anything as he poured himself a drink but he felt Polly watching him carefully.

"Where's (Y/N) she's supposed to be watching the kids so the maids can have the afternoon off." She snapped quickly and Michael flinched. He'd forgotten about that. There was no way he'd be able to explain without Polly guessing.

"She's uh... sick. Didn't want the kids to get ill, I should've called ahead." Michael tried but Polly scoffed and grabbed his collar.

"Either you're lying to me and you spent the morning fucking like rabbits or you're lying to her and you've been with someone else." Polly said as she tapped one of the bite marks that hadn't quite been hidden but Michael's shirt.

"Bloody hell Poll!" Ada said through a laugh as she watched Michael squirm. "It's not like these lot did anything different." She motioned to John and Arthur who feigned innocence.

"Can you blame him. That girls gorgeous." Arthur teased making John chuckle as Polly glanced from them to Michael who took a large gulp of his drink rather than answer back.

"You're not even going to defend her?" She asked, already moving on from his vanishing act all morning.

"I mean I would but Arthur's not wrong. She's fucking gorgeous." He said the last part as if you were stood before him naked and no one had the heart to tease him for the soft flush on his face as he smiled to himself.

"Just be sure you're on time in the future." Polly said, leaving Michael to go to his office.