Halloween Prompt ~ 2019

Michael frowned as he looked away from John to the gaggle of children at the end of the street. They were dressed in hand sewn monster costumes, each sharing a pillowcase sack of sweets between each pair. Polly was rushing the children together with a shrill panicked voice. "You haven't seen him?" She asked as the boys huddled around the door.

"Seen who?" John asked as his children showed off the holiday treats they'd collected.

"Michael's boy. He was with your eldest and he came rushing back... (Y/N)'s with Ada looking for him." Polly gushed as she rushed the other children inside.

Michael rush off and was gone most of the night, returning with his son. The boy seemed fine but Michael had blood splattered across his jacket. There was a hard look on his face as he handed you your son, kissed your forehead and motioned for Tommy to follow him to Tomy's office.

"They took him to send a message to Tommy?!" You asked accusingly. Michael sighed, he should have known you would be listening in.

"They did. But I dealt with the messenger." He snapped, clearly stressed by what had happened. He glared at you when you motioned as if you were going to argue with him. "I do believe in killing the messenger. Know why? Because it sends a message."