Prompt

Everyone was in high spirits when Michael arrived at the Garrison. He'd been away for almost a year, it put Poly on edge. She wouldn't admit it but Tommy caught her ruing to the phone in case Michael was ringing.

He'd written to her every day at first, then less and less as he got settled. She was worried about him. But the day he announced he'd be returning for god, she was in high spirits. Nothing could knock the smile from her face. When Ada decided she would be joining the family in welcoming Michael back Polly's delight over flowed.

"He's here!" She said cheerfully as the Shelby family gathered in their back room. They could hear people in the pub greeting Michael. When he stepped into the room, everyone cheered. Polly rshed to hug him. As she pulled away she spotted you, stood timidly behind Michael who smiled and moved so you could step into the room.

"Hey, I want you to meet my wife." He said. Everyone stared at you, some glanced to Polly who gave you a stern look as if you'd given her a fright. Michael tok your hand in his and smiled as Finn moved first, offering you both a seat beside him. Ada quickly questioned you and was soon bubbling with sisterly affection. Polly's smile returned though Arthur and Tommy knew she wasn't happy. John muttered that they should take bets on how long you lasted.