Henry Or Michael

Warnings: Mentions Of Reader Slapped By Father

Michael stepped off the train and pulled his jacket closer to his body as he started the short walk to your home. Poll thought he was with Tommy and Tommy thought he was with Poll; he knew neither one would speak before he got back so he didn't have to worry about being missed.

The familiar streets of his old village were still burning into his memory. For a moment he was nervous, you weren't waiting by the little white wishing well, perhaps you hadn't gotten his letters or didn't want to see him.

"Henry!" Your soft voice made up for the cuts and bruises he'd received in his recent escapades with his cousins. He braced himself as you run into him, wrapping your arms around his waist as you buried your head into his chest.

He sighed and lent his head on yours, inhaling the soft scent of your shampoo as he engulfed you in a warm hug, his hands cupping your face to keep your cold cheeks from turning a stinging pink.

"You go my letters then." He hummed, as hand moving to tangle in his hair as you stayed in his arms.

"My father found them, I'm not supposed to be out here." You whispered with a slight hint of nervousness. "There are men in London that talk about you and your family... my father doesn't approve of you anymore."

"Don't you worry about that, soon I'll be earning enough money to get a house and it'll be just you and me." He said softly, placing his hands on your hips as he watched your face light up in a warm smile. "Let's get you home before you're missed."

The pair of you walked to your home, kissed sweetly beneath your window before Michael picked you up and helped you climb into your window like he'd done many times before. He winked and blew you a kiss before jogging to the train station.

"Thomas, where's Michael?" Polly snapped nervously when she didn't find him with his cousins.

"He said he was with you." Thomas muttered, leaving his brothers so he could help his aunt find the missing Shelby.

"I haven't seen him since this afternoon." Poll said hurriedly and they turned the corner to see Michael jogging into the Shelby headquarters.

They exchanged a look as they hurried inside and found Michael pacing his usual position outside Thomas' office. Upon Polly's demands to explain where he'd been Michael seemed to explode with anger before storming home.