Chapter 7: Everything is Fine

A/N I don't think I'm giving any more hints to the people who comment. I'ma mess around and run out of chapters to update trying to help y'all 😂 But someone commented a future line.....SO as promised here's the next chapter..ENJOY!!❤❤

After I left the Ellen Show stage, I rushed home and changed into some more comfortable clothes. Once I was done, I talked to my mom for a few minutes to find out she was going on a date tonight. I told her that I was proud of her and even helped picked out her outfit for tonight, before I made my way to Dinah's house.

When I first got there it was a little after 1 and it was Dinah, Kamila, Regina, Seth, Milika, and Gordon all there. Since they thought Dinah and I were okay and that I was just coming around to hang out, I was pulled into an impromptu movie watching. I was sat on the couch next to the arm with Seth sitting on my lap and Kamila next to me. Dinah was on the other side of her with Regina in her lap and her parents were sharing the love seat.

Once the movie was done, Milika and Gordon had to take Regina to a doctor's appointment. Kamila had went to her room quickly as her parents left, leaving just me Dinah and Seth together. Seth had wanted to mess with me so he was sitting facing me as we went back and forth on who was "stronger". Everytime he said he was, he would flex his arms and I would do the same when I said it.

Dinah only stayed for a few minutes before she sighed to herself and walked up the stairs. I turned my head to watch her walk up the steps and contemplated whether or not I should follow her. In the middle of my debate with myself, Seth had leaned closer to me and put his hands on either side of my face and forced me to look at him. I smiled when I turned my head to him and he went back to our little debate.

Our game evolved into us tickling one another. Then, it turned into me putting his hands over his face then pulling them down and saying "peek-a-boo" as I tickled him. He would giggle and make me stop but then put his own hands over his eyes and wait for me to pull them down.

Kamila came down in the middle of us doing that. So, as soon as I pulled his hands down and he saw Kamila now sitting next to us, he laughed loudly saying her name and asking when she got here. Kamila smiled at him and held her hands out for him to come to her. Once he did she kissed him a few times making him laugh. Then, she turned to me.

"You need to go talk to her. She's really trying to be optimistic about everything but it's hard when everyone is saying otherwise."

I sighed and nodded my head agreeing with her before getting up and going upstairs to her room. The door was closed, so I knocked a few times and waited for her answer. A few seconds later the door opened and she peeked through the crack in the door.

"Can I come in?" I asked softly.

She took a few seconds longer before she walked away from the door. I took that to mean she was letting me in the room and opened the door just enough for me to walk in and closing it softly behind me. She went and sat on the edge of her bed. Because I figured she was probably upset with me, I stood across from her leaning against her desk in the room. She picked up her phone and started playing with it again like I wasn't in the room at all. I sighed and decided to start the conversation since she wouldn't.

"Can you tell me what you're thinking?"

She didn't look up from her phone as she answered.

"Nothing."

"Come on, babygirl. You've been making excuses for why you couldn't come over for the last few days. What's up?"

She rolled her eyes and shrugged. I walked up to her and took her phone out of her hands and locked it, putting it in my back pants pocket then going back against the wall.