Chapter 16: Dead and Gone

A/N FYI: Stage front is actually like the back of the stage. Like downstage actually means the very front of the stage.....ENJOY!!

Today was the day of the VMA's. I had to last minute get my makeup artist and hairdresser, Leslie and Shane, to fly out to Madison Square Garden since that's where the show was being held. Paris told me two days ago that I was now attending the show. Not only that but also that I had to perform.

My first arena world tour tickets went on sale about a week ago; presale tickets were a week before that. As of now, my tour started in a little over a month and we had just got all of the people together to make the tour successful.

As I was sitting in the chair and Leslie and Shane were both working on me at once, Paris came in the room. I could tell by her facial expression that she wasn't very pleased with whatever she was worried about.

"Let me get this straight. You met with Kanye West the other day?"

I sighed as I watched Shane snicker but hide it behind a "cough" and Leslie smile at his actions and shake her head. I smiled at both of them before giving my attention to Paris.

"Yep. He's been talking to me about joining his label. I went to talk about what my freedoms would be as an artist."

She frowned in confusion as I pulled out my phone and went on Twitter just to annoy her.

"Why?"

I shrugged and looked up to Shane as he said he was done with my hair. I smiled at him and thanked him as he walked away. I tilted my head back some and closed my eyes so Leslie could finish beating my face.

"Just looking at my options right now."

"Why do you need to? Def Jam isn't good enough for your precious needs."

I sighed and rolled my eyes even though they were closed.

"Seriously Hamilton, I'm not in the mood for your shit today. You told me to perform the songs you wanted me to, I said okay. I wasn't even going to this show, yet alone performing, because I'm starting my tour in a few weeks and I just started rehearsals a few days ago. Be happy I'm even here."

Leslie nudged making me open my eyes.

"You're officially beat, babe."

I smiled at her as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"Thanks, Les. I definitely owe you for this."

She just rolled her eyes, knowing she wouldn't be able to shoot me down for anything I would give her because of my persistence. I turned my attention back to Paris as I picked up the outfit with a plastic covering over it.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dress, that you requested I wear, to put on."

I walked around her to change into the very red carpet type of dress that I usually like to avoid wearing since I only keep it on for maybe two hours at most before I change into my performance clothes and stay in those the rest of the award show.

Once I put the dress on, Destiny and my assistant, Tasha, were both in the suite. They both talked me through how I would walk the carpet and where I would sit so I could easily slip off when I needed to leave for my performance. As we walked to the car, they told me how my interviews would go. And that I would start with Chelsea from Hollywire TV.

Once I arrived at the carpet, I walked down like I normally would until I got to the interview line. I walked straight to Chelsea, hugging her as I approached her.

"Hey Chelsea."

"Hey. Oh my god, you're in a gown."

She said as she leaned back like she was checking me out. I laughed at her and nodded.