Chapter 10: What Just Happened?

A/N I KNEW Lauren was going to be completely fine and not acknowledge the kiss 😂 Everyone thought worse case scenario. She probably ain't say nothing because she knew how crazy us Harmonizers are 💀 and even if it meant something or if it didn't as long as Lauren don't care about the BS then neither do I 👌

BUT I MEAN, if Laucy is real, I would just like to point out that's the 3rd thing that I've written and had it come true in this story... SO Grammy's must be next 😄 you are all very welcome. so stay tuned for any further predictions 😂.

Video above is what muffing is in case you don't know....ENJOY!!❤❤

It was the day of the award show. We had already walked the carpet and everything. They set it up so I arrived right after Fifth Harmony did. So after they made it partially down the line I got out taking pictures or doing interviews as well. Like usual, once they made it through Dinah would come back so her and I could take pictures as well and do the interviews as couple.

I was happy while we were on the carpet because Dinah was smiling and acting as if we were fine and everything was alright. It was also the first time that she's let me be more than ten feet near her or that she's spoken to me since the studio. Inside I was being torn apart by her distance but on the outside I had to act as if we weren't even fazed by the rumors circulating.

The girls have even been slightly distant from me because they were trying to make sure Dinah was okay. Well, except for Camila. Camila was the only one who would actually keep me updated on how she was. But as far as the cameras knew, we couldn't be happier.

While we were walking up the carpet taking pictures, I had turned to look at her to make sure she was ready. But once she shook her head to get her hair out of her face mostly and smiled at the camera, I couldn't look away. I knew the photographers were calling my name so I could look straight ahead, but after not being able to see her truly smile like she was in days, I didn't want to squander the moment.

She eventually figured out I wasn't looking at the cameras because of them constantly calling my name. When she turned to look at why I wasn't looking at them, her eyes instantly met mine. I looked back and forth between her light brown irises due to the mixture from the sun and constant camera flashes.

"Look at the cameras."

She said lowly but never breaking eye contact with me. Instead of answering her, I brought my hand up to the side of her face gently rubbing thumb against her cheek. Then, I let my hand slide under her chin and brought her lips to mine. I thought because she was still upset with me that she wasn't going to kiss me back. But she sighed softly, kissing me back and put her hand on my wrist. It was only one, elongated kiss, but I felt like it meant more for me than what the cameras would've captured.

When we pulled back, she took her arm from around me to hold the side of my face as she attempted to wipe her lipstick from my lips. I smiled slightly at her actions, as I always did, making her smile softly at me as well. When she was done, I wrapped my arm back around her waist pulling her closer to me actually facing the cameras this time. We stayed for a few more minutes before we were guided into the show.

As soon as we walked into the venue she let go of my hand and went to stand with Normani and Lauren. Camila saw what happened and how my face dropped at what Dinah did and came to try and cheer me up as we walked to our seats. They always sit us together so I just followed the person showing them to their seats. The only difference this time was that Dinah sat on the opposite end of the seats when we would usually always sit together.

"Hey, it'll be fine. Once you perform the songs she'll come around."

Camila whispered in my ear as she sat next to me. I just nodded my head not really believing that even with the songs she would listen to me. But I was still willing to try.