Chapter 12: I Guess This is The End

It was now the weekend and I was walking through the halls of the mall with Normani, Lauren, and Ally. We were just walking around being goofy as we shopped; just falling back into how we used to be before everything happened.

"Mani, why is your phone vibrating like there's no tomorrow?"

I asked as we were in Wet Seal. The other two snickered as Normani rolled her eyes.

"Because her boyfriend doesn't know how to function without talking to her 24/7."

Lauren mumbled making Normani shove her, while Ally and I laughed at her reactions.

"Screw you guys, okay? He's just... curious about my day."

"And what you're doing, who you're with, what you ate, how many steps you've taken, if you're starting with your left or right foot..."

Lauren and I were laughing and falling on each other as Ally now tormented Normani.

"You guys act like you didn't stay in your phone's when you first got with your boyfriend/girlfriend."

"Actually Lucy and I were best friends before so how much we talked didn't really change once we started dating."

I picked up a rose gold color bomber jacket as they bickered back and forth, keeping it with me as we kept looking through racks of clothes.

"You don't get it then."

Normani said trying to wave Lauren off, so I jumped to her defense.

"Yeah, Lo. We're too straight for that gay stuff anyway."

"That doesn't even make sense, Y/N."

Ally said while Normani made one of her famous faces at me. Lauren just giggled as I shrugged.

"Made Mani stop attacking my little sister, didn't it?"

Normani just rolled her eyes at us and went over to the hat rack. We laughed at her before I followed her over there, leaving Lauren and Ally at the clothes racks still.

"I'm just messing with you Mani. It's actually cute how much you keep smiling at your phone."

She tried to fight the smile on her face as she blushed at my statement. I laughed at her weirdness and bumped my shoulder with hers. After a few minutes Mani and I picked out matching hats and went to pay for the stuff we got.

Once we walked out of the store, since we had been there for a few hours already hitting almost every store there, we decided to go to the food court. When, we all got our different meals, Ally spoke softly and hesitantly.

"Is it okay if we get a little serious for a second?"

She asked all of us but I knew it was geared more towards me. I smiled and nodded.

"Go ahead. Ask away."

"How have you been since the break up? Honestly?"

I sighed slightly and finished eating what was in my mouth before I sat back and looked up to their curious stares.

"For a while broken. It wasn't until a few months later that I shut myself down."

"What do you mean shut down?"

Normani asked softly.

"Shut down like I'm not all in my feelings about it anymore."

"That's why when you saw her all you did was nod and walk out?"

Lauren connected making me nod my head.

"She has me at my worst. Even now. I don't sleep anymore. I'd be lucky if I get a few hours of shut eye."