Chapter 22: Stop Being Sick and Be Awesome Instead

A/N I'm pretty sure she posed for this but she still is just 😍 P.S. If you get the title reference...we are best friends as of right now 😁...ENJOY!!❤❤

"And if you feel you're drowning.... feel you're sinking I would jump right into cold.... I would jump right over into cold, cold water for you."

I mumbled out to myself as I rewrote the lyrics on the page. I was in the studio, trying to finish my album. Even though I was in the process of switching labels, I still wanted to have something to put out once the process was over.

"Although time may take us into.... into different places I will still be patient with you."

"You should keep the door closed when you do that. Someone might try and steal that."

I sighed knowing exactly who was at the door.

"What do you want Hamilton?"

She walked further into the room, coming to lean against the table I was working on.

"So, is it official? You left us?"

"Yep. I signed my portion of the papers this morning. I'm home free."

She sighed again lightly before responding.

"I'm sorry things turned out the way they did."

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Y/N. I didn't mean to manipulate you like I did."

I rolled my eyes, putting my pencil down on top of the pad as I turned to look up at Paris. It was one of the few times she was make-upless and was dressed more like a 26 year old woman rather than the CEO of a fortune 500 company.

"I honestly don't care anymore. You used my feelings to get money. Even though it made absolutely no sense seeing as if you were to let me do what I wanted to do a year ago, the sales numbers would've been through the roof. You manipulated me yeah, but you also manipulated my entire team to try and keep me. I accept your apology but it doesn't change what you did. And now everyone is going to see that. I've cleaned my hands with you and I hope that the rest of the artists on the label do the same."

She had a guilty look on her face, but ultimately nodded.

"Well, for what it's worth. I hope you do get her back."

She said looking at me then to the doorway as she stood up off the table.

"You guys really are perfect together."

She walked away making me sigh, glad she's finally out of my life. I picked up the pencil, singing through the part again so I could find a way to continue the song.

"And if you feel your sinking I would jump right over into cold, cold water for you. And although time may take us into different places I would still be patient with you.... I hope you know, that...."

I wrote down the lyrics before mumbling the last part again

"I hope you know that I blah blah blah.. Blah blah blah blah blah tonight...."

I heard a giggle making me turn around and instantly smile.

"And what are you laughing at?"

"You."

She said before mockingly singing my lyrics back to me.

"Saying blah a bunch of times is not really romantic."

She said as she sat in the chair next to me.

"Whatever D. I didn't know what to put."

"Okay, fine. Let me help. What do you have so far?"