Naivety

Tonight was the night she was meant to meet Negan, she was nervous to say the very least, all day she had been toying whether to go or not, every minute changing her mind again. Daryl was in his famous "huffy" state but it didnt phase Tina, she wasnt going to run off with Negan because of it. She had another idea.

The more she thought of her idea the more she thought it was the best one in a long time, she was scared in anticipation of it, she just had one problem, how was she going to get out unnoticed?

Daryl was having dinner at Rick's with Aaron, Glenn and Eugene where they were discussing their plan further, they wanted all areas covered, there could be no room for mistakes. Made sense really.

Tina had lied to Carol again making out she was ill and couldnt take care of Poppy for the night so she took her in, Daryl didnt seem to care as he still went to dinner, infact he had hardly noticed Tina feigning her illness on the sofa with a flannel on her head before he went out. But on closer thought he was not at all good at picking up hints, just the other night she was trying to entice him to bed by parading about the kitchen in just her underwear and he told her it was cold that night and she should wrap up warmer.

Tina dressed herself in her leggings and her vest top, having only 3 outfits to choose from in this world, she realised this was the cleanest and it looked good on. She had to leave soon if she was to make the church before it got too dark, sneaking out the back door with her rucksack where she had a gun, a knife, a jumper and some water just in case as she made her way up there, she made sure to leave it unlocked so she could get back in later. She hoisted herself over the fence in the back yard and crept down the side of the last row of houses, some occupied some empty.

The hard part was getting the gate open undisturbed and unseen. Heath was on watch tonight and he was such a goody goody with this job, running to Rick at the slightest noise and acting like he saved the day the next morning, Rick and Daryl used to mock him for it at a lot. As she approached Heath she had to make sure she was looking casual, hiding her bag underneath her jumper she packed she called up to him "Heath!" It took a while for him to respond, hoping he wasnt asleep in which case she could of gone already unseen when he peered down and clambered down the ladder "you okay?" He asked catching his breath "Denise needs a hand with some medical equipment, all the guys are busy and I cant lift very well, any way you could help? Ill watch here" Tina lied, she felt impressed with her ruse. Heath looked unsure "go on, you'll be like 20 minutes, I can handle it" she encouraged him feeling relieved when he finally left.

She left it until he was out of sight and she climbed over the metal wall and shimmied down the drainpipe. Dusting herself off she walked briskly to one of the cars and started the engine and began driving. Time to save Alexandria she thought to herself.

The church was dark and isolated, it was a pretty easy drive and it probably was right inbetween the two safe zones but she felt terrified right now as it was pitch black. Cursing herself in her mind she thought how stupid she was, there was the possibility of walkers and this being a total set up with Negan. Daryl was right she didnt think. "Here goes nothing girl" she pepped talked herself carefully holding her knife in her hand as she made her way to the church , the only noise she could hear was her heart pounding away, any walkers for miles could hear it. Hesitantly she reached for the handle not knowing what was on the other side and she gently opened the door, the loud wooden door echoed through the area as it creaked open. There was nothing but candlelight inside, it felt really eery more so considering no one else was here.

Tina walked up the aisle, there was no sign of Negan anywhere. Laughing to herself when she thought this was a setup, how dumb must she look when the creepy squeak of the Vicar's chambers opened and out strolled Negan cool as a cucumber, shooting that charismatic smile of his. Holding onto her heart Tina smiled when she realised he was here after all "you alone?" She asked as they walked towards eachother "alone enough" he smiled in reply, she wasnt sure what it meant but she remembered he told Rick that he isnt stupid enough to not have back up. "You?" He asked, she nodded. "Didnt think you would come" he spoke leaning on a table adorned with candles "i wasnt going to" she whispered in confession, she noted his sadness as he spoke. A silence fell before them, sharing friendly glances and awkward smiles none of them knew what to say "so, what will Daryl do if he knew you were here...with me" Negan spoke confidently in a smug whisper as he broke the deafening silence folding his arms looking to her, she shrugged "you wrote me the note" she mentioned, she really felt nervous, more so now when Negan sighed and paused for a moment "there is something about you Tina, you are sweet, , naive, loyal..." he trailed off "you do something to me that makes me think there is a chance in this world that maybe--" she cut him off, she had to ask "why dont you swear in front of me?" Silly question but she wanted to know, he looked taken aback but pulled a face of confusion as he answered "it doesnt feel right in front of you" he spoke protectively. Tina felt this was her time and she ran to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and near on tip toeing to reach his lips where she kissed him passionately, grabbing his face as she lustfully forced her tongue in, Negan nearly fell back at her force, he had one hand on her back and the other he resisted putting on her, instead he pushed himself from her holding her by her shoulders to ask her "Tina what are you doing?" She couldnt work out what the problem was this was what this was wasnt it? "Kissing you" she replied wiping her lips and feeling knocked back, "if i sleep with you, you will leave us alone right?" She asked, she didnt care if he knew she was onto his plan, she was saving her town and her people in her eyes. Again Negan pulled a confused face "you havent got to tell me nice things to get me to bed, ill do it, whatever it takes" she added sounding certain in herself, he was still confused, he gently caressed her face and took her hand in the other "Tina, I want you here right now for you, I dont see you as a whore like that, you are special" he told her in his softest voice. "What?" She asked confused, she thought all this was to sleep with her and by her doing so it would protect everyone "but your girls at your place arnt they?" She began to ask but he cut her off "whores? Yea they are. You aint though" he told her assertively with a slight laugh .

Tina watched Negan slowly pace the church aisle, this man was really into her, he was saying things to her she had never heard before or not for a long time at that, she debated for a moment, each time something stopped her, walking down the aisle...

Tina watched Negan slowly pace the church aisle, this man was really into her, he was saying things to her she had never heard before or not for a long time at that, she debated for a moment, each time something stopped her, walking down the aisle to catch up to him she grabbed his arm , turning him, round about to pull him into a kiss when,

"What the fuck are you doing to her! Get away from her!" Daryl snarled aiming his crossbow directly at Negan.

Tina gulped. Shit.

 Shit