Brave

Daryl didnt seem to notice Tina acting strange about Negan, she was relieved about it but scared of the feelings she felt she was developing, Daryl is her true love, he always was, even before he was, he was, there was no one else in her heart but him. Was Negan just a crush? Or if alone again would more happen? This was what scared Tina, and what scared her more , was if it ever got out that she snuck out to see him that night, because how the hell would she explain that? And there was no way  anyone here would believe nothing more than a kiss happened. She would lose everything and all for a man she was meant to despise, but she didnt despise him how she was meant to and this scared her also.

--

"I dont want you coming to the Hilltop" Daryl sighed one night as they walked home from a dinner at Aarons. It was out of the blue, this plan they had devised was a long way off but it seemed to bother Daryl as he had been quiet the last few days, clearly this was why "I dont want you getting hurt" he added squeezing her hand tighter as they strolled the dark streets of Alexandria, it made her heart melt "Rick said--" Tina was cut off "I dont care what he said, I dont want you there, I dont want you seeing things you shouldnt, I dont want that asshole and his men near you" he insisted letting go of her hand and wrapping his arm around her waist as they walked up the steps to their home "I dont mind going, I wanna help get rid of his people but if you dont want me to, I wont" she replied looking at him pushing his hair from his face, she knew he hated that but he loved her doing it at the same time. "Come on, lets get upstairs" he whispers opening the door breaking from her touch. As they gently closed the door to not wake Carol or Poppy, Tina lead him upstairs to their room as quietly and quickly as she could, Daryl's touching of her was driving her crazy and she had to feel more of him and soon, they barely got into the door before they were frantically ridding eachother of their clothes.

The next morning Tina woke before Daryl and they were entwined in eachother, she had to be up early to help Eugene and Tara organise the supplies for Negan and his men, this was becoming tiresome but so far Alexandria wasnt exactly going without in doing so so right now it wasnt a struggle.

Kissing Daryl on the lips before she left as he slept lead to him sleepily trying to intensify the kiss "i gotta go" she giggled into his lips as he tried to pull her back into bed "Eugene will cover your shift you know, he loves helping a damsel in distress, say you are ill" he teased resting his head under his arm as he watched Tina check herself out in the mirror "ill be back as soon as I can" she winked before reluctantly leaving Daryl and walking downstairs "boring!" He teased her making her laugh.

Wishing she had made out she was ill, Tina went through the list The Saviours gave Rick on what they wanted this week, when she thought that they take from Alexandria and The Hilltop each week she realised they were just greedy, they didnt need all of this stuff, especially as Alexandria dont use all of it just because its there.

Eugene and Tara were back and forth handing the stuff to Tina as she boxed it up for them, she decided to put Carl's walkman on and listen to music as she routinely worked. Getting lost in the music and missing the chart radio shows she would listen to in the car or at home in the old world she began singing along quietly, as she edged to the back of the garage she bent over to pick up the last box when she felt someone press themselves against the back of her "Daryl, what is with you today?" She teased, taking the headphones out and turning round only to find Negan behind her, it made her jump and she let out a scream "fuck!" "Language Tina" he teased as he took the box from her "you shouldnt be in here" Tina whispered edging away from him "I just came to say hello, darling" he replied smiling, she couldnt resist smiling back, he was always so nice to her and it made her forget what a maniac he actually was. "I came to give you this" he spoke after a long pause when he got lost in her eyes, looking behind him he pulled out a crunched up piece of folded paper which she took, as she did he held her hand and looked at her to not look at it yet and she hid it in her back pocket as he placed a kiss on her cheek which made her heart flutter, still looking at him as he came away from her she was made jump by a booming voice "da hell is going on in here?" Daryl growled "nothing" Tina sighed sliding past Negan and out of the garage "i heard you scream" he asked her as she walked towards him "he made me jump" she laughed off awkwardly "and that better of been all it was" Daryl snapped not taking his glare of Negan who rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek "leave it, please" Tina said holding onto the muscles of Daryl's upper arm "im fine, i promise" she pleaded praying Daryl wouldnt get into trouble protecting her. Negan scratched his head casually as his men came to the garage to see the commotion "only helping the lady with a box, next time why dont you help her?" He sarcastically replied, Tina could see Daryl wanted to lunge at Negan but she tugged at his arm and he eventually came with her, he kept looking back at Negan, Tina daren't look she just kept walking "did he touch you?" He asked stopping her and standing in front of her, god he was so sexy when he was looking after her "no of course not, I can handle men like him" Tina tried to reassure him and herself it seemed "if he ever does, you come to me okay?" He made her promise before taking her face in his hands and kissing her so lovingly she could of collapsed on the floor it made her so weak at the knees.

Daryl kept looking back at her as he walked back over to his bike, Tina felt best to go home and stay out of Negan's way, she couldnt get her head around why he felt so brave to do what he did in front of everyone, what if they saw? maybe he was that sure of himself that he could do that, that she didnt like, she wasnt a game to be played. Then she remembered the paper he gave her. Bursting through the front door she paced upstairs to the bathroom and locked herself in and pulled it from her pocket and unfolded it...