Winning The Contest (Madison's POV)

Devon said, "You actually entered a contest."

      I said, "Yeah, I know. It feels strange."

       Devon Vera, one of the 4 guys I mentioned earlier, and I were walking to the brunch line after my P.E. and his Civics class. Yeah, Civics. Devon was a senior when I was a sophomore, or junior when I was a freshman. However you want to think about it. He was one of my really close friends, including Jada, Mack, Andrew, Brad, and Delia of course. And I had a crush on him. Call me crazy. Whatever. But he was cute. Jada liked him too.

          He said, "I hope you win, at least. I love Fall Out Boy."

          Laughing, I said, "I know. But I still love them more."

          He smiled and said, "Think what you want, Baker."

           Well, I told my other friends about the contest. Less than 5 hours later, I was home. I checked my email again. Nothing. This was gonna be the longest 2 weeks of my life.

            *2 weeks later*

            I woke up on a Friday morning at 6:00, a half hour early, to my mail alarm. That was weird. I should have been up at 6:30. Anyway, I unlocked my phone to check my email. It was from the same email domain as from the contest. I opened it, waiting to see that I regretfully had lost. It said all this random shit until I saw 6 words that changed everything; "Congratulations, you have won our contest." I thought as I looked away, This is a joke. I opened it again and sure enough, it said I had won. I didn't care that it was 6:05. My brother, sister, and parents were probably just getting up. I ran outside my room to all their rooms to tell them the news. Finally, I had gotten lucky.