A Whole New Me (Madison/Pete/Patrick's POV)

MADISON

          I had a weird dream that night. I woke up at around 3 in the morning. Pete was sleeping soundly, not snoring or anything like that. The dream was like nothing I'd ever dreamt of before. It seemed normal at first but then it got weird, so weird that I didn't know how to describe it. All I remember was that it featured a road trip to L.A. with the guys and some friends. Also, I remember that Pete got shot by some gang member because they didn't like his jacket. Weird, I know.

           Somewhere in between 3 and whenever I went back to sleep, Pete rolled over right next to me. Like, right next to me. There wasn't a speck of space in between. Being the nice and sweet person I was, I put his arm on my hip so he'd be comfortable. That man had a shit ton of tattoos on his arm. I didn't overthink it though. His life, not mine. Also, he talked in his sleep. I heard him say something like, "No, Mom, 5 more minutes." And I just laughed.

             For the whole day, I was still in shock that I, Madison Baker, some random child star from San Francisco with a semi- famous pop band, had actually kissed Pete Wentz. Well, scratch that. He kissed me. Oh, same thing.

PETE

              At around 2:00 on the boring Sunday, the five of us sat down on the couch, and Andy said, "So, we need to talk about school. And crazed fans. I don't know about you, but I actually like my limbs and my life."

              Joe started laughing and Patrick said, "I've always wanted to try a fake name. Maybe Patrick Williams. Or something."

              Maddie said, "How about I spit out names and you take them if you want?"

              I said, "Go ahead."

             She said, "Joe, you can be Adam Chadwick. Andy, you can be Drew McDonald. Pete, you can be Justin Valentine. And Patrick, you can be Dustin Lee. Are those good? I pulled most of them out of my ass."

              We all gave our approval and she said, "And you guys will need a different look. I know a stylist in town that can make anyone look unrecognizable. You might need new clothes too."

               I said, "Mall, maybe?"

              Maddie said, "Yep, mall."

  PATRICK

         We went to the mall and looked for clothes for about 3 hours. It would have been much shorter, but Andy was picky and Pete wanted to go shopping at Hot Topic and Vans and shit. When we were eating after finally finishing our shopping, Maddie said, "We still need to go to the stylist, you know."

         Joe said, "Oh my god. Why?"

         She said, "New clothes aren't gonna make you look different. Come on. Just try it."

        Andy said, "I'm up for it."

       Joe, Pete and I all said, "Okay."

      Worst fucking mistake of my life. It took an hour just to dye my hair a black color, and then she gave me a fake lip ring, which didn't hurt but looked weird. I didn't like styling.

      Pete, however, loved his new look. Maddie's friend, Marina, had given him nerd glasses, a fake mole under his nose and given him a dirty blonde dying job. He said when he saw his reflection, "Wow. If I was me and this was someone else, shit, I'd bang."

      We finally got out of there around 6:30. We'd decided not to take the tour bus to avoid any more crazed fans following us. Instead, we took Adam's Tesla, which fit 7. Pete drove and Maddie claimed shotgun, which made Andy upset. I sat in the middle by myself, and Andy and Joe took the back. Pete turned up the radio, and Midnight Red's "Take Me Home" was playing. I saw Andy and Joe getting their freak on in the back, and then Maddie noticed and looked back. Pete was curious as well. Worst decision he'd made in his life. He almost ran a red and nearly crashed into a tree. Thank God he didn't. Pete was a strange guy. But he was my best friend.

       The rest of the night was boring. We met Maddie's mom, who was actually very nice, and we had tacos for dinner. Total Pig Trohman, as we liked to call Joe sometimes, ate 5. I ate 3. It was amazing how we were friends. Madison went to bed at around 9:30, and Pete slept with her again. Call me crazy, but I think they liked each other. Well, who wouldn't like Pete? He was funny, smart, cool and pretty. I didn't think about it a lot, though.