Chapter 28: The Truth Could Be A Pack Of Lies

Hiccup

I carried Astrid back up to my house, taking her upstairs immediately, her skin felt ice cold like Jack, but she isn't meant to be feeling like this, I grabbed blankets and wrapped her up in them as I laid her down on my bed, the others slowly made their way up the stars, Jack eyeing her cautiously as if something might happen, or maybe something has happened and they just won't tell me about it.

I faced them standing in front of her, in a protective way. I don't know what was creeping through my veins, but I had this sudden instinct to protect her. "You guys need to tell me what's going on right this minute," all their eyes fell on Jack and Rapunzel. Seriously why did it have to be those two? So I decided to let my eyes wander to them also. "Well the thing is, Merida was jealous of Astrid hanging out with so to stop that happening, she was...was killing her, slowly by the minute," Jack spoke slowly.

My eyes widened and my body tensed up, I shook my head, she wouldn't do this, she wouldn't. "But that's the thing Hiccup, she would because that is who she is, she was worried that she was gonna lose you because of Astrid and figured this was the only way to get rid of her because Astrid loves you and you love her!" Ruff blurted out of nowhere. All eyes fell on her; mine were shocked while everyone else was glaring.

That's when she realised at what she said and clasped her hands to her mouth, eyes widening at the same time. "I think I would know whether or not I loved Astrid, she's a friend and that's it, there is nothing else between us, I love Merida." I told them straight, although Rapunzel shook her head, "That isn't true Hiccup, you never loved Merida but she loved you, she got the witch who transformed her mother into a bear create a potion to make you fall in love with her, your feelings aren't real for her, they never were," her head dropped as she told me this.

Making something inside me think that she was telling me the truth. "How did you know that Merida was the one that took Astrid in the first place?" I asked changing the topic, "Because we followed her and when we found Astrid there was a strand of red hair along the floor by the syringes she used to take Astrid's blood," Jack continued on the story. I shook my head again "I want proof," they all looked at each other then back at me.

"I'll watch Astrid, you guys go and show him, she'll be safe with me," Heather volunteered. "Then it's settled, show me where she was and some evidence that Merida did this, then I may will consider that your wild story can be true."