Chapter 62: I Should Have Listened

Hiccup

"Go then! If it makes you feel so much better about yourself just leave!" Astrid shouted at the top of her lungs "As long as you trust her nothing else matters right? So don't come running back to me when you find out that I was telling the truth!" Her voice ringing through my brain as I'm trapped within in the darkness I lost myself in. "Astrid wait!" I called out to her. Immediately I felt my voice get blocked by this ghastly smell of something across my face, the grip against my mouth was unyielding. I struggled against their grasp around me but I was entrapped with no escape. Astrid spun round screaming "What?!" her expression changed once she examined the scene in front of her. I couldn't believe what was happening. Why was I so blinded to block away the truth and hurt that was written all over her. "Hiccup!" she cried my name advancing towards me only for her to be blocked by Hayley! I struggled against whoever's grasp more and more as my vision started to darken. "Sorry Astrid, but I can't have you following us," she spoke with a hint of evil to her voice. I clearly watched as she plunged a dagger into Astrid's side, Astrid holding in her scream. I cried out her name through the rag held against my mouth the best I could but was muffled. Vision fading I watched as Hayley kicked Astrid to the ground removing the dagger whispering "Goodbye Astrid," kneeing her in the face, unconsciousness taking over her body leaving me alone with Hayley and whoever else had hold of me. Body shutting down slowly I felt myself be dragged away from the girl I love.

I should have listened to her words, why didn't I listen to her? My girlfriend, I couldn't trust my own girlfriend and now I fear I have lost her forever. I should have believed her over a sly bitch who pretended to be my friend. Twisting my thoughts into something they were not, I knew Astrid would never steal anything so why had I let my mind get manipulated into thinking so. I felt my mind wash back into the living as I felt my body weight rock slightly from side to side. I heard the crashing of waves hit against the hard wood of the ship which sailed itself away from my home. I didn't want my eyes to open but right now I had no control so they just opened automatically. They fluttered a few times as I moaned in pain as I could feel a headache start to sprout in my brain. I went to reach for my head but my hands would not budge. Gathering into my senses my eyes fully opened so I could see everything.

Around me stood metal bars which rusted from their use but still strong in hold. They surrounded me, glaring at me with no means of escape. I tried moving myself forwards to gather more of where I lay but every time I would be pulled back. I lean my head backwards to see my hands tightly secured in manacles connected to a chain which made sure they it was secured to the floor of the cell. I groaned in annoyance and didn't bother trying no more as I knew I would get nowhere. Why could I have been so blind? I told my love that she was blinded by hatred but now I'm sure I was talking about myself. As I pushed myself backwards to reach the far side of the cell I could feel less weight down below. I gazed into that direction only to realise my left leg was missing. The downside to having a peg leg I guess. I couldn't get her out from my head. I need to know if she's alive I couldn't live with myself knowing that if she died then it would all be my fault because of my stupidity, Astrid please be okay, I can't live without you. I buried my head into my knees as I lifted them up to my chest, I wanted to cry and let out all my anger but what was the point if she wasn't here to take away all the pain.

"You're awake," I lifted my head up only to see stood outside my cell Hayley. "What do you want?" my demand was harsh and fierce as I pierced my glare at her with no remorse. "Touchy, well actually we've arrived," she placed a key into the lock of the cell "Hayley why are you doing this?" she came down behind me releasing the manacles from the chain being able to thrust me upwards to stand "You know why," she was harsh as she spoke reflecting the motion she used to pull me off the ground "We can help you get them back Hayley you don't need them to achieve this, presuming they are still alive," she pushed me forwards out from the cell "It's none of your concern now walk." I obeyed as she jabbed me forwards. Then we walked in silence as there was nothing left to say. I looked around where I was going checking to see if anyone was around – no one was in sight. I peeked around behind me to see what Hayley was doing and when she wasn't paying attention I fell to the ground. "What are you doing?!" She screamed down at me, "I can't walk properly, one leg remember," I stated the obvious pointing to my legs, she groaned at me "You were doing fine just a minute ago," she stood and crossed her arms "It's difficult," I pulled the same gesture back.

Rolling her eyes she released my peg leg from inside one of the bags on her side chucking it over to me. I had even more difficulty putting it back on as my hands were still tied behind my back so I asked Hayley for a bit of help which just got her pissed off even more. When she got down below me and I knew my leg was back on securely I kicked her in the stomach against the wall opposite knocking her out completely. I thought that was gonna be harder than it looked. I ran over to find the key for the manacles on my wrists; I found it and immediately unlocked them starting to make a run for it. I ran up a flight of stairs ready to meet daylight and I did. But as I did so I felt a hand grab around my throat tightly before forcing me to the ground. I felt winded as I curled up in pain. "Where do you think you're going Hiccup?" I looked above to see who was standing over me and it was none other than Alvin. Sooner than later my body was lifted off the ground with my hands held tightly in place behind my back; I looked around to see Hayley standing there – of course that knock wasn't strong enough what was I thinking. I felt my hands be placed back into the manacles even tighter than they were before as they dragged me onto Outcast Island.

Each trudge to their main base was horrible as I kept tripping up as I went because of their drag on me. They chucked me into the arena where all the magic happens as it were. My head hit the hard stone floor making me feel all dizzy before regaining my sight. "Nice work Alvin, I didn't think you had it in you," but I recognised the voice all too well "Viggo," I growled deeply "It's nice to see you again Hiccup."