Chapter 71: Cuts Deep Like A Knife

Astrid

"Okay so we all remember the plan, Snotlout, you attack from the front with the twins, Fishlegs, Jack and Merida while me and Heather get Hiccup from the back with Dagur," Snotlout nodded at me as we descended closer towards the Outcast compound. "Snotlout make sure you keep them busy as long as possible to give us enough time to get Hiccup as far away from Outcast island," you could hear the strain of panic run through my voice, I couldn't keep it away much longer so every time I pull back my throat clenches together in tightness making me sound strained. "Astrid it's okay we've got this stop panicking," Snotlout attempted to calm my nerves offering a small smile along the way. We all shared a nod until we departed in our different directions. This was a perfect plan it had to work, it just had to. I landed Toothless behind one of the far hide outs and we stayed put ready for Dagur to return Hiccup back. I could hear the rattle of metal against the ground as Heather landed behind me; my feet took me pacing back and forth in hopelessness and worry, the hand on my shoulder pulled me out from my thoughts to look into emerald.

"Astrid you need to stop worrying, it will be fine, we're get Hiccup back and everything will go back to normal," she nodded at me, but I couldn't return the hope towards her and instead said "You didn't promise it to happen," she sighed lowering her head and pulling away looking into the distance "What's wrong?" I followed her gaze and looked into the far beyond but saw nothing "Listen," she demanded, so I followed and then I heard it, footsteps were heading in our direction, Heather gestured us further down the alley as the footsteps began to increase, she pressed her finger towards her lips and pointed behind the rock. I looked at Toothless as he was getting ready for a plasma blast. I held my breath as the footsteps increased rapidly "Eh attack in the arena Viggo needs help defending them off!" a voice rained from far away so the footsteps drained away. I released my breathe as did Toothless wear away his plasma blast "You can come out now," I and Heather exchanged looks as we knew that voice all too well, I slowly pushed myself up off the ground and there we stood face to face with Alvin the Treacherous.

"Before you say anything I'm here to help, you aren't safe here, go in that direction head right and you will find a tunnel Hiccup and Dagur will meet you out there, now go before you get yourself caught," and before we could even say anything he ran in the opposite direction back into the compound to never be seen again. I exchanged a look with Heather and said "I dunno," she shrugged and we headed in the direction Alvin advised us to go. I wasn't too sure on the idea but what other option did we have at this moment in time. And then we made it and there we had to wait and waiting is the biggest crime anyone would have to face. "Astrid look!" Heather exclaimed and pointed down the tunnel. I held my hand above my head to looks straight down the tunnel and see this small figure trudge upwards out of the tunnel. I felt my heart burst into a million butterflies with relief and excitement. This was actually happening and he was right in front of me; I couldn't hold back much longer "Hiccup!" and my steps started running after him "Astrid!" he cried back at me, immediately I pulled him into me and felt is shiver escalate through me, but I didn't care I held him against me close and ran my fingers through his shaggy hair.

I felt his arms wrap themselves around me filled with protection along with love and secure. We pulled apart away from each other as I stared into forest eyes which sparkled against the pain written across his face "Your okay, thank Thor your okay," I could hear the small crack within his voice as he tried holding back the tears I could see welling in his gaze. I raised my hand and pressed it against his freezing cheek "I'm okay now let's get you out of here before they realise the others were a diversion," he nodded at me before I leaned up close to him pressing my lips against his own so we shared a sweet sensation "It's too late for that dear Astrid," we all turned in unison to see Viggo standing there with a group of his men. "Viggo it's over, let us go!" Hiccup gained his voice back but I knew this wasn't going to go down easy Nothing is over Hiccup until I get what I want!" he spoke back towards us "That's not gonna happen!" I stood before the man my heart tears for and I wasn't going to let him go this time "I figured you'd say that," Viggo sounded so calm and formal as he clenched his hand and his men descended. Immediately I did what anyone else would do, I pushed Hiccup to the ground and descended back on the ground.