Chapter 2

"Common Quinn. Please drive me. I really want to see Duane again." I rolled my eyes at Lexi's pleading face, and amusedly watched her jumping up and down holding her phone to her chest.

"I bet you wish you saved up for that car now." I teased. She stopped jumping and threw her hands up in the air.

"Those shoes were so cute! How can you blame me!"

"But then you went and brought another eight pairs." She sighed.

"Ok, I messed up, but please. If you have ever loved me drive me to this cafe."

"What's in it for me?"

"The self contentment of doing a good deed?" I burst out laughing.

"Me! Good deeds!"

"Ok, that probably wasn't the best thing to say. What if I do all the jobs around the house for a week?"

"Make a month and you got a deal." I stuck out my hand, waiting for her to shake it. She hesitated briefly before slamming her hand onto mine and shaking it.

"You Quinn, are an evil human being."

"But you love me for it." I said smiling, walking away from her.

"Who wouldn't." She called after me, I laughed.

"I'm going to met Cassandra and Damien at the smoothie bar. I'll drop you off on the way." She jumped up from the couch and giggled happily.

"Yay! Thank you Quinn!" I rolled my eyes an walked out the front door.

"Yeah, yeah."

•••••

"Hey!" Cassandra shouted as she saw me nearing the smoothie bar where her and Damien were waiting for me. Her long straight red hair bounces as she waves her arm around, she is wearing a pink tank top and a pair of denim skinny jeans. She looks really pretty. She looks so different compared to Damien. She is so bright and perky and he is so.... Not. His black hair hangs over his dark, empty eyes. His clothes are all dark colours with grotesque bleeding monsters printed onto them. He is the type of guy that sits in his room in the dark blasting rock music, while she is more of the girl to waste all her dads money on a pair of shoes. Nobody would have guessed they would be right together, but after 7 months they have proven quite the couple.

"Hey!" I called back. I quickly reached the table, and sat adjacent to them. "So," I began, leaning over the table towards them "what's this big news you so desperately wanted to tell me?" Cassandra linked her fingers with Damien's and gazed into his eyes before looking back at me.

"Damien proposed last night...." My mouth hit the ground. Wow, they moved really fast. Isn't seven months a but fast to get engaged?

"And...?" I pressed, wondering what she responded even though its quite obvious. She burst into a fit of giggles lifting up her hand, proudly showing off her engagement ring. "Oh my god!" I cried grasping her hand and examining the small, sparkling diamond. "It's so pretty." I glance up at them to see them both smiling hugely.

"Yeah, I know." Cassandra says squeezing Damien's hand. She looks up at him and smiles. He leans forward and gently kisses her forehead. My stomach does a small backflip as I remember when he used to kiss me like that. Me and Damien used to be together, but he broke up with me because he liked someone else. That someone else happened to be Cassandra, one of my closest friends. I knew that she also really liked him, so I said I would be ok if she went out with him. The last seven months of them dating have been hell for me, seeing them all over each other. I haven't told anyone about my feelings for Damien, not even Lexi. Now that they are to be married I feel shattered, but I can't let either of them know that. Cassandra is my friend, and I need to be there for her. Especially on her weeding day. I give them my best fake smile.

"I'm really happy for you two." Cassandra seems to believe me because she returns my huge smile. Damien turns to Cassandra "can you go order us our drinks?" Cassandra smiles.

"Sure. The usual ae?" She looks expectantly between me and Damien. We both nod simultaneously. As soon as Cassandra leaves a silence falls over the table. Damien's brows knit together and he frowns.

"Quinn, I know this is hard for you." I act dumb.

"What is?"

"Me and Cassandra getting engaged. I know you still have feelings for me." My eyes pop out of my head. He laughs to himself. "It's ok, it's not obvious." I am dumbfounded.

"How did you...?"

"I still see that same spark in your eyes that I saw when we were together. I sometimes see how you look at Cassandra with envy." I was speechless. Was it really that obvious? I hope Cassandra can't tell. I hope Lexi can't tell. I hope no one else can tell. Damien shook his head slowly, a weird smile on his face. "You know, sometimes I feel like I feel that same way about you."

"Then why did you propose to Cassandra?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"I know it was stupid, but I didn't know what else to do. I thought maybe it would stop me from thinking about you." I softly tilted my head to the side and twitched my eyebrows inwards.

"Well did it work?" Before he could answer me, Cassandra sat down next to him. She smiled and slid us our smoothies. Mine strawberry, Damien's tropical and hers banana. The conversation me and Damien were just having was dropped, but I couldn't stop thinking about what his answer could have been. He couldn't still possibly have feelings for me, could he?

A/N

Hello! So two new characters and a complicated love interest has been included into the story. What are your thoughts on Damien and Cassandra? Comment what you think so far, I would love to hear from you :)

Please

Vote

Comment

Share with your friends!!