Only mine

The cold breeze rushed through my window. Papers flew through out my room as I closed the window. I had to quickly neaten up my papers I didn't want my brother to hide them again. I understand how you don't care. But I was 6 and I did. Those papers were what I wrote on to help me feel, feel good, like a sense of happiness. My brother Dominic had my hiding spots nailed and I only had 30 more minutes until he came back from his friends house. I stuffed my papers into a fez and put it on casually.

"Hi mum!", I said as my mother pocked her head out of the kitchen. Her eyes were red and she smiled. What was going on? Why does it look like she's crying? My mum never let me know when she was sad and to admit she did a good job of keeping me innocent.

"Hello pumpkin" she said surprisingly casual.
"Mum why does it look like your crying"

"I'm cutting onions sweat heart"

A smile sprung across my face. It was my favorite home made lasagna! I asked to help but then remembered why I had a fez on my head. I ran upstairs claiming I had to go to the bathroom and hid my papers under the sink behind some shampoo bottles.

I decided to spend a while in the bathroom aka my room. My mother and father always tried to teach us how to be financially smart. We had to earn and save money. BUT WHAT 6 YEAR OLD WOULDN'T WANT HUNDREDS OF PLUSHIES. So I decided to change that. I got my least favorite clothes and shoved them to the back of my closet until I was ready to get to work!

At dinner I served the lasagna, making sure my brother got the worst piece. He was 10 and I was 6 but I could still pull off some smart tricks. I mean that's what he deserved, right? Well anyways my papers were hidden, not known to exist with my parents and not left alone by my brother. But still, no one else had a copy like it. It was all mine!