The big night

I ran home quickly. My mum had my dress ready and I decided not to put on make up. I quickly squeezed into my dress and put on some old flats. My mum almost wanted to cry. I heard the door bell ring. I ran downstairs and there was Penny and Josh. They walked in and we sat in the living room. Josh was more outgoing than I thought. He was very funny.

Not long after that Emma and Landen came. Landen was the shyest of them all. He only spoke once. James and Sailor finally showed up and we walked over to the restaurant. James kept looking at me non stop. On the walk Anthony and Landen talked to each other. Emma was with Sailor and Penny with Josh. It left me to myself and James.

"I think Sailor really likes you," I said with a small smile.

"Thanks," he said. "If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be going to this dance with a date tonight."

"You wouldn't have asked any other girl?," I asked.

"Well maybe this other girl," he said with a short smile.

"Who?," I asked.

"She's smart, pretty and the sweetest girl you'd find," he smiled and looked right at me. Maybe it was obvious he was talking about me or maybe I was flattering myself to much but either way I decided to keep it going.

"Do I know her?," I asked.

"I'm sure you do very well," I blushed. Just as I looked up I saw Sailor glance back at me. When we made it to the restaurant I sat next to Anthony. We all chatted a bit. It was honestly all just a blur. I could only think about the dance.

*time skip*

We walked in as the music went and the dancing started. There were people everywhere. People from my brothers age to my own surrounded me.

"Common!," said Anthony. He took my hand and we went to the center of the room. The rest of us followed. Just than something extraordinary happened! I had a sensation I never felt before. I couldn't help to break out and start dancing. It was amazing to just dance around with my friends. After every song we would cheer like hooligans. A few hours later we took a bit of a break and went outside. I noticed that James wasn't there. I searched for him by myself. I walked around the building and saw James. He was sitting down and had his face covered. I walked up slowly and sat next to him.

"James, are you okay?," I asked. He looked up at me. His eyes were dry.

"Yea, I guess I'm just confused, that's all," he said.

"Confused about what?," I asked. Was he confused about if he still liked Sailor? Did he want to leave? Did he like me?

"Sailor I guess, because I-I lo-," he stopped talking as he heard the slow couples music turn on. I took his hand.

"Common, it's the last dance, lets go find Sailor and end it on a high note," I said. He smiled and we went. I saw Anthony and he grabbed my other hand and brought me to the dance floor. I let go of James's hand and followed. I instantly forgot everything. I got lost in Anthony's eyes. We swirled and danced to the rhythm of the song. I spotted Emma and Landen, Penny and Josh, and James and Sailor all dancing together to the last song. I could tell the song was starting to end as it's final sounds seemed to gracefully fly away.

Anthony looked into my eyes and just at that moment kissed me. It was a small kiss. Just a peck really. He suddenly froze and ran away. I felt dizzy. Everyone seemed to be staring at me. They really weren't but it felt like it. Although my friends were. They ran up to me except for James.

"Beth, that was your first kiss!," said Emma.

"Emma, Anthony ran away, how awkward is this going to be!," said Penny.

Sailor simply took my hand and began to pet it uncontrollably in a nervous sort of way. She gave me that "I need to talk to you alone look".

"I'm going to go outside, come out when you'd like to leave," I said.

I walked out and looked everywhere for a sign of Anthony or James. I saw in the distance the shape of a body to familiar. It looked like Ralph. I slowly walked closer to see him right next to James. I hid behind a bush. I felt bad but I had to eavesdrop.

"I was about to say I love her but thankfully she stopped me and asked me to go dance," said James.

"Oi you'll get 'em another day," said Ralph patting his little brother on the back.

"You don't get it, he kissed her Ralph, kissed her!," yelled James.

"I ge' it, she got al' wooed," said Ralph.

"And everyone thinks me and Sailor were a thing, I see her talking to those other guys, she just feels bad for a looser like me," said James.

I couldn't believe it. James likes me. I like James.... and Anthony... not the kiss though really I mean I'm just 13! What do I do.

I ran away back to the building. Anthony wasn't there but the girls were. We walked out without our dates and walked home.

"Did you see James?," asked Sailor.

"Do you like James?," I asked, it went silent for a bit.

"Beth please don't tell James this but... I'm not interested in him anymore, I'm just hoping I can slowly walk away from this Jailor thing, you know?," she said.

"I get it," I said.

"So did you see James?," she asked a second time.

"No," I lied.

-
Hello guys! So I thought I would make this a bit more interactive. If you want Beth to go with James or Anthony just comment which you prefer so I can make it happen! -Emily