Sleepover

It was getting dark as I got to Sailors house. I walked up to and into the tree house. The sleeping bags were lied out but no one was inside. I set my things next to a purple sleeping bag and knocked on the backyard door. Sailor came racing to me.

"Hi Beth, Penny still hasn't made it yet, my mum is making some mac n cheese for us to have in the tree house," said Sailor.

"Ok," I said honestly quite excited for some mac n cheese.

We went to the tree house and began organizing things. "So we should probably do a good solid hour of work," said Sailor.

"That sounds alright," I lied. Sailor was a great friend and all but she was very serious sometimes. Honestly I thought we were going to spend like 30 minutes working and spend the rest hanging out as friends.

Penny opened the trap door to our surprise.

"PENNY YOU SCARED ME!," screamed me and Sailor.

For an hour we worked on activities for the youth group, advertising and more fundraising. After that we finally had time to calm down and get serious.

"Penny you won't believe what happened before I got here," I said.

"What?," said Penny.

I explained to her everything. Her eyes opened just a bit more every time I said James's name. She looked so shocked and confused. Sailor was confused by what we were talking about.

"Wait whose James?" asked Sailor.

So than we explained stuff a whole bunch more. Sailor was surprised to suddenly learn this much about me and Penny. Anyways Penny looked like she was in deep thought.

"You know, I would think to forgive him," said Penny.

"I agree but kinda disagree to, I don't trust him, he was very aggressive that day and what if he rages out again?," I replied.

"I don't know Beth but from what your telling me I outta think he's changed," said Penny.

"Yea, maybe," I said.

For the rest of the night we took turns on the Nintendo, played hide and seek in the night and gossiped about school and such. Towards 3 a.m. we couldn't stay up any longer and drifted to sleep.

-4:30 a.m.-

*Swish, swish*

My eyes opened wide. I was awake. Completely awake. I quietly got out of bed trying to avoid the *creek* of the floor boards. I went and opened the tree house window. The view was beautiful and peaceful. Nothing could ruin it. I started to ponder to myself. As I look up to the stars. It just made me think. Even in the darkest of times, you can still shine bright.